Wish I'd bought a Turbo

garratt83

Reaction score
Been looking at the spec of the 1.8 T Sport and wish I had spent a bit more and got the Tubro instead of the 1.8 sport. Will have to wait a few years now till I can afford it had to get a 3k loan just to afford this one.

Baaaahhh Humbug

:keule:

I bought a 1.8 Sport, 60k, met black for 7k. Had to get it from a dealer cos my px was knacked and no way could I of sold it private. Anyway. What you rekon I would get for it in say 1 years time. If I only do 8k and really look after it.

Cheers

garratt83 said:
Been looking at the spec of the 1.8 T Sport and wish I had spent a bit more and got the Tubro instead of the 1.8 sport. Will have to wait a few years now till I can afford it had to get a 3k loan just to afford this one.

Baaaahhh Humbug

:keule:
I know how you feel, i went and got an SE with full history in an unusual colour instead of the starship mile'd 1.8ts that were in my price range at the time

I bought a 1998 1.8T Sport for £4300 with 88k on the clock and F-Audi-SH.

i've modded it a bit but here's what 'needed' to be done to make it as good as a much newer car:

ABS wiring fault
Lower wishbone bushes
Shocks and Springs
New centre console trim
A really really good clean.

That lot would probably cost you another £850 but i'd defy anyone to drive it and tell me that it felt worse than any newer/lower mileage 8L 1.8T.

That makes it a shade over 5k for a 1998 1.8T, which is as much as some people advertise 99/00 ones for with higher mileage.

I bought a 1.8se when i was 19 because the insurance was too high for a turbo. Wish i had paid the extra and got a turbo now. Thinking about trading up to a turbo quattro :w00t:

sell the car, and for the amount you get you can buy a 1.8T with slight hire millege,

you should of come to the forum before you rushed lol

you could get quite a gud a3 1.8t for 7 grand. turbos are the future invest in one! lol

I know. I've never had an older car. Had a company car then bought a new punto (silly me), now I own a A3 non turbo (silly me). I will getit right one day. What I think I will do is keep this for 4 months and sell it on. Then buy myself a turbo. Or if a good one comes up I'll try and flog this on ebay.

Looking at prices, I think I got a really good deal on mine. Paid £5850 privately (this January), 68k on the clock. Needed a few bits done, about £500 worth, but still seems to have been a bit of a bargain.