Eibach Shock/H & R Springs Fitted

Tallpaul

Reaction score
As per the little, had these done today. At the same time i changed the topmounts, bearing, droplinks and lower wishbone bushes.

First thing to report is the drop... H & R Claim 35mm. i already had the sport suspension so the drop should be more like 15 - 20mm, but my suspension was 89k old so had probably sagged a bit too. Anyway, the drop was.... 0mm! I guess it'll settle and drop a few mm but for anyone who wants uprated suspension without lowering the car, this looks like the combo!

Surely it will handle better though.

No, just saying it surely must handle better than previously, so all is not lost.

Gotcha. I'm not complaining, just reporting that the H & R -35mm springs don't really lower an A3 with sportt suspension ;).

Now i've got full boost back i'll update on the handling when i've stretched it's legs :).

Tallpaul said:
the drop was.... 0mm!
I found the same with the Eibach -30mm springs on mine.

The A3 sport is allready 30mm lower than standard so if you want a lowered car you need either the Eibach sportline (50mm) or the H&R 50 mm which I'm going for.

I lowered my S3 with Eibach springs and it dropped considerably..

And these were just the normal ones, not the really low ones you could get.

As far as I am aware the S3 eibach proline springs are different from the A3 ones...all I know is that the 30mm springs will only give a very slight drop on an A3 sport. There was a thread on this a while ago

ChriS3 said:
Give it some time to settle. They should be a little lower eventually. If not, then you're at the right ride height already :)
I agree. They should settle. I dropped mine by a further 30-35mm. Then it settled. Then I found I needed a new sump. :rolleyes:

Has anyone got a A3 quattro Sport with stock suspension? I wouldn't mind knowing how much lower it is now. I don't have the measuements any more.

Well i've run my new setup for just over a hundred miles and i absolutely love it!

Round town the ride is comfortable and complient, just feels like a good car should - as opposed to the crashy ride it had before.

Out on the road it feels really composed and allows my Michelin Pilot Sports to do their job. I have bags more confidence going through bends and on roundabouts.

Under hard accelaration the nose doesn't pitch up and conversely the unnerving dive induced by hard braking is much reduced.

All in all i honestly think they are a fantastic combo. I don't find any aspect of their ride to be too hard. I'm suprised how 'soft' they feel over lumps and bumps yet when pushing hard on the twisties it feels firm and composed. :)

Tallpaul said:
Well i've run my new setup for just over a hundred miles and i absolutely love it!

Round town the ride is comfortable and complient, just feels like a good car should - as opposed to the crashy ride it had before.

Out on the road it feels really composed and allows my Michelin Pilot Sports to do their job. I have bags more confidence going through bends and on roundabouts.

Under hard accelaration the nose doesn't pitch up and conversely the unnerving dive induced by hard braking is much reduced.

All in all i honestly think they are a fantastic combo. I don't find any aspect of their ride to be too hard. I'm suprised how 'soft' they feel over lumps and bumps yet when pushing hard on the twisties it feels firm and composed. :)

hmm, suspected these shocks could be better than the bilsteins but not heard any feedback on there performance till now. They are the Eibach Pro-Shocks ?

leecs3 said:
They are the Eibach Pro-Shocks ?

They are indeed.

I actually think the springs are the best part of the setup though.

I wouldn't have thought the uprated Billys are much differant from the Eibach dampers.