Woooosh, pop, d'oh!

Tallpaul

Reaction score
Giving the car some beans on the way to get my Eibach/H & R suspension/ TT Brakes fitted this morning ( i was all excited)... Flying along the dual carriageway when POP! and all the power vanishes :(.

Limped to the garage and asked the mechanic if he could look at that too. Turns out he didn't have time, so i picked it up and limped home. Was sure i could hear air escaping so began checking for a split hose; turns out i'd blown the turbo-to-charge-pipe hose clean off! Oops.

When i'd done my Forge hoses i hadn't changed this one 'cos it was a PITA. But it had got so hot and soft it slipped clean off the high-torque hose clamps i'd secured it with! Anyhoo, now the forge replacement is fitted and my car feels faster than ever. Me thinks this hose has been slipping for a while!

Lesson: Change ALL your hoses when you get a remap, cos they're all crap!

lol !
samco all the way !

any recommended web addresses for new hoses as im going to upgrade?

Tallpaul said:
Yup, www.forgemotorsport.co.uk everytime. Top quality products and the best customer service of any company i've ever dealt with.

:iagree:
In depth explanation if necessary, quick response to email, of course quick delivery & (from what little I've have had so far) good quality goods.:thumbsup:

damn wish i had never read this post, gonna be an expensive month for me.

another purchase soon to be complete. just waiting for the fmic to arrive so i can work out what pipes i need for that. and buy them all at the same time....booked marked that link. cheers again.

Its made by a firm called xoxo racing....its gonna be hassel finding a nice straight feed back from it and i hope it fits behind the crashbar. if its doesnt im moving the raidator back , but im prepared to cut holes in front pannel etc...when there's a will theres a way.ive posted a picture on my profile for you to look at....should be here by the end of this week. so finger crossed. ill have it on in the next 2 weeks. will post update