Winter time again

ChriS3

hud at ye bam
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
The nights are getting dark, and there'll soon be gritters back on the roads. Up here at least anyway. Got the winter RS4's back on again now, missing the BBS CHs already :sob:

Funny, this is how I used to think an should look.

Time to get the CH's reconditioned all ready for next year. Roll on spring time :)

It can't be that bad, even your winter wheels are better than most peoples 'best' wheels!!

SyA3Turbo said:
How come you dont just use them over winter?

We get a lot of salt on the roads up here - the RS4's are corroding already and I want to keep the CH's in good condition (if it weren't for the curbing on one of them). Aberdeen also has one of the most corrosive environments in the UK, too much sea air. Not the best place to try and keep a car in good nick.

john2garden said:
It can't be that bad, even your winter wheels are better than most peoples 'best' wheels!!

They're not that great. Only reps with OEM centers, the picture does them a lot of justice.

Ah right, i didnt know that. I wouldnt have thought a painted rim would be so bad but i guess it only takes a bit of water to get under the surface to set them off.

I think the car looks equally good on both rims!

I think it looks great on both sets too.

In Sweden they put old steel wheels on with studded tyres, they have to by law.

We obviously like to look cool in all weathers in this country!

You're so sensible! I think I need some winter wheels now

hamski said:
You're so sensible! I think I need some winter wheels now

It's sensible, but sad to see the car not looking it's finest (IMO).

How have you found all that power in the snow? It was fun last year with just the remap, think it's going to be hard keeping the foot off the accelerator this winter. I'll be trying to get it sideways on every frosty roundabout I come accross.

I used to have a set of Schmitd modernline rims on my old polo. i had problems one year with corrosion forming under the clear coat paint on the dish. i had them diamond cut and the following winter i used Mothers Luster seal : http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/Metal_&_Chrome_Polish.html

it is an awsum product and i had no problems whatsoeva the. i just used to replace the stuff everytime i washed the car and wheels (which in the winter was normally 3-4 times a week).
people also recommended using regular paint wax too.
i live in whitby which is near the sea and it is a gritter haven in the winter. i would be more bothered about ya lovely paintwork getting pebbledashed by the bouncing grit they chuck out!

they look too good for winter wheels tbh !

Yeah I've been thinking over the last week about getting another set of rims for winter wheels, as I don't want to keep the CH's on over winter.

Can't seem to find any RS4's with tyres for a reasonable price in good condition.

Randomjim said:
Im going back to the standard rims for winter

me too, thinking about ordering some winter tyres too. Sooo hope it snows heavy this year.

dont have another set of wheels like you rich guys so ive told my wife she will have to walk to work if it snows.stop whining its only fifteen miles,i will get you some snow shoes:whip:

ChriS3 said:
It's sensible, but sad to see the car not looking it's finest (IMO).

How have you found all that power in the snow? It was fun last year with just the remap, think it's going to be hard keeping the foot off the accelerator this winter. I'll be trying to get it sideways on every frosty roundabout I come accross.

Unfortunately, I missed two winters due to a driving ban, so we'll both find out this year! Of course, it's always warm down here, so I may never know.