AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Question Would a TT cat back fit an S3??

As the title suggests, would it fit? Ignoring slight customisation of the bumper for the outlets, they both look around the same size, and the fixtures seem to be in the exact place, anyone know?

S3 cat back

TT cat back
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

hud at ye bam

Status
    It actually looks like it would. Might be worth calling them to see how the dimensions compare.
    [/sarcasm]

Senior

Status
    First off I would have said no but they do look very similar
    99 S3 Absolute red

Turbo's Rule

Status
    I can remember seeing a tt exhaust system go on ebay. the guy selling it said that it wouldnt fit his S3.

hud at ye bam

Status
    If it doesn't fit, one thing worth trying is giving them a call and seeing if the fixtures could be replaced with ones from the S3 box. Worth checking that the distance between the two pipes matches the cut-outs on your bumper.
    [/sarcasm]

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    As the title suggests, would it fit? Ignoring slight customisation of the bumper for the outlets, they both look around the same size, and the fixtures seem to be in the exact place, anyone know?

S3 cat back

TT cat back

I've sent u a PM matey...

5th Gear

Status
    Speak to Jabbasport as their big turbo A3 has a TT modified exhaust on it, although it was apparently a real pain to fit.

Let Maz have a go at it for you I am happy as larry with mine!

4th Gear

Status
    Yes it will fit with some adjusments. If you look at the supersprint website they list the same part numbers for the back box and centre pipe for the S3 and TT.
    I have fitted a Supersprint TT system to my S3 and it required some work to fit but managed it in the end. All the hanger points are the same.

4th Gear

Status
    could you get a cheap OE TT box off ebay and see how it fits? Then upgrade to a supersprint if it doesnt work out?

looks like a great mod.
    back to boost, oh how I missed thee....

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Sweet, so this is sounding "Doable" I'm going to be making some calls and see how things go from there, cheers once again guys
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

6th Gear

Status
    i thought about this mod but imagine you would have to cut into your bumper for the 2nd pipe, it would also have to be the same size as the original cut, then would that single pipe look right in a smaller twin piped exit cut out ?

A photo shop may be helpful
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy199
    i thought about this mod but imagine you would have to cut into your bumper for the 2nd pipe, it would also have to be the same size as the original cut, then would that single pipe look right in a smaller twin piped exit cut out ?

A photo shop may be helpful
    Def's running with a powerflow quad exhaust, so his bumper is already cut out for the other pipe. Might look odd with two singles, might look great - guess it depends on the size of the single pipes.
    [/sarcasm]

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    I think I'm keepin the powerflow backbox, Maz from MIJ has an idea in mind that "hopefully" will sort out my noise problems and I do like the way mine look at the moment so I'll see, plus I'm pretty tight on money nowadays , I just like asking a lot of questions

Audi S3-BAM