audi S3 tinted windows question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

campbell

Reaction score
was this an option on the audi S3 2002? just wonderng cos my insurance wont alow mods so if it was an option it wouldnt be classed as an mod
cheers

Privacy glass did come as a factory option as mine had it but had to take the front windows off as got stopped by VOSA and tint was too much even though it was one of the lightest Iv'e seen.

I was told and shown by them ANY form of tint other than the factory made glass tint (standard) would tip it over the edge.

Don't do the fronts cause IF you get stopped then you will be well pi**ed off having wasted your money!

campbell said:
was this an option on the audi S3 2002? just wonderng cos my insurance wont alow mods so if it was an option it wouldnt be classed as an mod
cheers

So your S3 insurance doesn't cover you for modifications yet you list a whole heap of them in your signature?

campbell said:
cheers
what insurance company are you with that doesnt class a remap as a mod but at the same time, wont allow you window tints..

if you cant afford/are able to insure mods, dont do them!

revo is undetectable and i have a SPS3 switch so not bothered about that. what others are mods in my sig?there all optional extras

How sure are you that its undetectable?? Presumably you must be V V V sure...

Wouldnt it be bad if you killed someone and a full investigation was done - that might make a huge difference to the court!

A little of the thread admittedely, just something to think about. Im not ranting about that kind of stuff, but i see alot of car accidents and deaths at work and ive heard some of the regrets people have.

Makes me think that bit harder when messing around with cars.

i understand where your coming from and anything in life is possible. that would be the worst case scenario. i just asked about car tints and didnt want a lecture as i know these things in life could happen at any time

thanks for advice

sorry i know that was a bit off the point. (bad day at work too)

Personally i think tints look really good on the S3. Good luck with it.

campbell said:
i understand where your coming from and anything in life is possible. that would be the worst case scenario. i just asked about car tints and didnt want a lecture as i know these things in life could happen at any time

thanks for advice

No offence mate, but you're a TW4T.

It's simple to detect a remap. Even if you've had the five hour trial and it's reverted back to 'normal' it's still easy to see it was there. Simply having the Forge DV will void your insurance and probably make them look harder. Get insured before you regret it!!!!

By the way, it's xenons not zenons.

Oh, and for what it's worth. To see what options the car came with you only need to look at the sticker in the boot, by the spare wheel. Are they RS4's or RSTT's? Either way, if they didn't come with the car it's still a mod, even if it's an Audi option.

its true, you will regret it

i had rs4 reps on mine, and when i rote my car off direct line were very very close to void my insurance,

but i was lucky i got paid,

it prob cost you max 500 pounds to declare everything, its worth it

Chris S3 your remarks are totally irrelevant and you dont even know me. why dont you act a little mature about this im sure its not that hard!
if you have nothing of importance to say dont say anything, does it make you big cos you can insult people via typing a few sentences on a comp!??no didnt think so computer gimp

if you had something really to say why dont you have some balls and say it to my face

as for the other informative, mature people on here- thanks for the advice. the wheels on my car were as standard

thanks people

campbell said:
Chris S3 your remarks are totally irrelevant and you dont even know me. why dont you act a little mature about this im sure its not that hard!
if you have nothing of importance to say dont say anything, does it make you big cos you can insult people via typing a few sentences on a comp!??no didnt think so computer gimp

if you had something really to say why dont you have some balls and say it to my face

as for the other informative, mature people on here- thanks for the advice. the wheels on my car were as standard

thanks people

Considering the distance, its not the size of my balls that stopping me from saying anything to your face. Do you consider driving without insurance irrelevant and nothing of importance? I was trying to point out the fact that whatever you add to your car, its a modification. Like it or not. Get a life.

Play nicely or do not play at all.

Please refer to the rules regarding the way you reply to threads.

Thanks you.

J.

Edited: MarriedBlonde.

If you have an undeclared Revo map then you have no insurance, end of.

As for insults, well you seem to be doing a good enough job of that for the both of us. By the way, my girlfriend is also laughing at you.

Edited: MarriedBlonde - Trimmmed this post.

if your insurance doesnt allow mods, but you have a revo map (irrelevant if its turned on/off or not) and RSTT's then you dont actually have relevant insurance cover.

Edited: MarriedBlonde

the revo website quotes that it is undetectable and the technician who i know very well also said that- so i have every confidence. thats my decision , and the wheels are not RSTT they are optional upgrades for my car.

does anyone know what every code is on that sticker next to the spare wheel?

:wtf: Privacy glass was an option to answer the original question so that should be the end of it. Hope all this name calling stuff doesnt become the norm on here.

campbell said:
the revo website quotes that it is undetectable and the technician who i know very well also said that- so i have every confidence. thats my decision

The Revo software IS detectable. Jim at Star had to remove the old Revo map on my car before uploading his map, I didn't even know it was there. Their version of the 'standard' map, when the SPS3 is turned off, is also detectable since it's not as standard as you may think.

campbell said:
does anyone know what every code is on that sticker next to the spare wheel?

Search the forums, it's there somewhere.

you know chris you can come out with some useful info, but dont insult people from the start for no reason

campbell said:
you know chris you can come out with some useful info, but dont insult people from the start for no reason

My best mate was sued by direct line after crashing his Fiesta 1.4s for having XR2 wheels and rear spoiler on. It in no way contributed to him rear ending someone, but it cost him thousands. Performance mods are an entirely different matter. If you blindly believe that your mods are undetectable, I think the reason for my comments still stands.

my wheels were an option on my car-iv told the insurance over the phone about them months ago.
as for the revo, i believe my friend who has over 30years of experience of tuning cars so i have no doubt of questioning him!

as for your friend sounds like a chav so it was his own fault for driving like a c**k. having a rear spoiler on a fiesta wont make it go faster and give more downforce-deserves him right. no offence lol
i have used this forum a lot (not as much as some people on here) but everyone except you has been very helpful to me and i have treated them with respect back as it is in my nature.
so i dont appreciate your comments and insults- you spoil it for everyone

The insulting stops NOW.
There is no need to call someone a ****, you could've worded your post a million different ways. Why ? Just because doesnt know that they can detect a map they are a **** ?
This will not be tolerated as per the site rules.
Chris you have already insulted another user who reported this to me, please word your posts a bit more constructively. We are trying to build a decent website with decent answers to questions.
If someone who is new to the world of Audi and doesn't know very much does not make them a ****. End Of

Campbell - Some advice on the remap front...

Saying the revo is undetectable is simply not true. If someone (like a insurance investigator) wants to check for mods, they will easily be able to find out that its remapped.

They also know what types of cars get remapped and S3's are no strangers to them.

Get a quote from a different insurance broker and try and get it covered mate. The consequesnces could be horrible.

campbell said:

thanks people

Whoops, someone's cage has been rattled....

I'm with Chris on this one.

To be so myopic to beleive that your car's mods are undetectable in an age where insurance companies look for changes from OEM spec in great detail is foolish in the extreme.

To beleive that when "the worst happens" the subsequent police investigation will not reveal your car to be uninsured (and it will, trust me I have seen this happpen) beggars beleif and is pure fantasy. Not only are you facing a potential charge in relation to the crash you potentially face medical / legal bills for the 3rd party and if the "worst happens" and the 3rd party is no longer, the compensation claims can run into hundreds of thousands of pounds...

Chris's advice and comments are very germane in the current letiginous climate - and I would suggest anyone that drives around with undeclared mods to stop deluding themselves and pay up for the cover...

That this advice has been offered on top of your original request regarding the rather vulgar issue of pimp tints should be regarded as a bonus.

I suggest you wind your neck back in, stop arguing and cease reporting posts to the mod team just because things are not going your way...

Kindest regards...

Olly_K said:
Why ? Just because doesnt know that they can detect a map they are a TW4T ?

No Olly, it was more to do with the fact that someone is knowingly driving a modified car without declaring it to their insurance company. What message does that send out to someone that's new to the Audi world? This sort of thing needs to be addressed ASAP.

Not wanting to get involved in a great debate about mods, it does make you wonder how far you can go doesn't it ?
i.e. Remap = performance enhancing = obvious.
Forge Dump valve = More reliable than OEM = no performance enhancement

It then gets really silly :

Brake pads = OEM fine but VAG copy parts ? Would you declare?

Red stuff or Mintex pads, then deffo would see a need to declare.

However, where do you draw the line on tryes ? Should we have the same rubber fitted as from the factory ?

Your right it should be addressed, but when you start calling people names it will only get their back up and start a slanging match which nobody wants (I hope)
There is allready a thread on here like this, imo it causes bad vibes and intimidates people from posting incase they say the wrong thing etc
As I said before I hope this isnt going to be the norm on here (my 5p worth)

silver75 said:
Your right it should be addressed, but when you start calling people names it will only get their back up and start a slanging match which nobody wants (I hope)
There is allready a thread on here like this, imo it causes bad vibes and intimidates people from posting incase they say the wrong thing etc

I agree and hopefully now this has been addressed.

J.

silver75 said:

As you know mate, this isn't the norm.

Its not often that a mod needs to step in.

As and observer and newbe here, im sure were all aware of the loaded gun syndrome- until it happens... so better to be safe then sorry and insure it ALL. No bodys that stupid here not to understand any advice with out being insulting in any bad way.
Though im a fan of ChriS3's info and hot mota, there is no need for insults like some of the guys on tyresomoke?
Keep this site the quality it is.

i agree to with Olly K, Silver75. i didnt want a slaging match i just wanted advice on window tints!

DavidR my neck is not wound out and i have a right reporting people when people insult you for no reason- thats what its there for right!?

MattS3 i agree where does modifications stop i agree with you

anyway il find another insurerer and try to get my remap covered, cheers for all those logical minded people out there

Well now, this thread really kicked off, didn't it?
And all wothout me being involved...that must be a surprise to some.

Although I understand the stance taken my other Mods...personally, I think someone driving round knowingly uninsured warrants them being brandad a ****.
Because, to me...they are.

In this respect, I'm going to have to say I wouldn't have Moderated Chris's post.

Overly dark tints are also ILLEGAL.
If it's ILLEGAL your insurance is potentially invalid...
So overall, a modified car with pimp tints, an undisclosed re-map and potentially various other 'bling' non-disclosed modifications is more than likely an uninsured car...and I'd rather cars like that weren't sharing the road with me.
Does that make the owner/driver a ****? Probably...

Regardless, if anyone on here is mature enough to buy an A3/S3 and then modify it for better performance / looks, they should be mature enough to take their responsibilities seriously and insure the ****** thing properly.

Ess_Three said:
Although I understand the stance taken my other Mods...personally, I think someone driving round knowingly uninsured warrants them being brandad a ****.
Because, to me...they are.

QUOTE]

I guess thats why some took it badly. In your opinion they are what they are, however, is language such as that, really acceptable on a public forum?

Control over expressing feelings is what is more relevant in this instance.

Lets keep name calling for the playground. The word **** could be easily replaced by irresponsible and still have the same meaning.

Ess_Three said:
In this respect, I'm going to have to say I wouldn't have Moderated Chris's post.

With all due respect, the only moderation of my posts was to remove the quotes of offensive language used by Campbell. And despite my initial proclaimation, I think you'll find the insulting was largely one-way.

Just glad to see that I'm not the only one to think that knowingly driving with void insurance is not a good thing.

I guess it all comes down to how people feel about the words in question.
There are words I wouldn't use on a public forum...and others I - and others - are happy to use, and feel the use is appropriate.

Where is the line drawn?
If somebody is being foolish...and you call them a fool, does that offend?
If a suggestion is posted that is utterly idiotic...and you refer to them as an idiot, does that offend?

I don't subscribe to the theory that users need to be wrapped up in cotton wool...it's a big bad world out there...if you are mature enough to join an open online community and post comments on subjects such as driving a modified car without the correct insurance, I deem that worthy of somebody pointing out in plain English that the situation is unacceptable and the driver is a fool/idiot/**** for doing so.

Perhaps a different phrase would have resulted in a different path for the thread...who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.