someone just got a bargain deal

shame i wasn't a bit sharper at the time, should've put in a bid

yeah i know and if u got it for that price u could have made a small profit :o.k:

Jason_letts said:
Seeing it go for that price i got mugged on the price i paid for mine!

Jason

nah don't worry mate, there must be a story behind this car, if you read close in the listing he's got "IS A CAT-D" subtely written in about 3/4 down the page. blink and u'l miss it though

That is really cheeky. I hadn't seen the cat-d bit. Hope the person who wins it knows its a catd

The seats look like they have had better days, the leather looks like it is about to fall off.

That makes me feel a bit better then! i paid nearly £6k for mine 4 months ago at a dealer.

What does cat D mean?

Jason

Category A: Total burnout. No value left in the vehicle
Category B: Break only. Value lies in salvage
Category C: Damage to car is more than total value of car
Category D: Repair would cost almost as much as the vehicle is worth. Better to write off than repair. No comebacks for the insurers.

So basically, a Cat D car was been written off by an insurer. It has then probably been bought of the salvage company and 'repaired' on the cheap. In order for a repaired car to be put back on the road it has to be inspected by a DVLA engineer, who will write a report stating if the car is safe for use, or not. I the engineers report states its safe, you can then put it back on the road, and you then have the option of paying to have it removed from the Insurers database of write offs.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a very long barge pole

Cat D, Horrific interior and 'something needs greasing in the gears' (sorry, is it a mountain bike?).

Looks like a pup to me.

tracer said:
nah don't worry mate, there must be a story behind this car, if you read close in the listing he's got "IS A CAT-D" subtely written in about 3/4 down the page. blink and u'l miss it though

That's dodgy how he's hidden that in the body of text.

"IS A CAT-D, LOOKS AND DRIVES GREAT SO THIS CAR IS UP FOR GRABS"

I ain't no English teacher but that does not go with the rest of the sentence,its a right con