Turbo Pressure weird noise???

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Dont know if any-one hascome across this before but here goes,

Couple of months back went down to MIJ to get a Decat and a Backbox.

Ever since then yes it sounds really nice over standard but one small thing.

In every gear 5K and over it makes a really really loud squealling noise that you can hear for miles i liked it at first but now getting a bit annoying.

Ive been told its Turbo pressure ?? How can i stop this noise do i need to change the DV or what?

Jason

Squealing?

My turbo makes a whistle at high revs but i'm running higher boost than you.

What bore is the downpipe and decat?

Without hearing it i can only speculate but it'd be worth checking for leaks from the exhaust especially at the join between the turbo and downpipe.

Yes its more of a whistle really loud though Mij Checked it for leaks and all was fine so cant be that

Jason

Hmmmmm, if it's genuinly the Turbo (and assuming it's not because the bearing or something in it is ******) then short of changing back to your original exhaust then i can't see what can be done.

If you're getting an AMD remap the noise will get louder as that's gonna up the boost! :)

I guess it's possible the OE downpipe and CAT muffle the noise from the turbo and your new one is amplifiying it!

I had the Milltek 2.5" downpipe and 200 Cell race-CAT on my old Leon 1.8T and it certainly didn't make the turbo so loud as to annoy me.

I see! well spose i'll just have to live with it i have no CAT whatsoever so maybethats it hoping to get mine remapped on the 7-8 october he reckons 202 bhp is possible with my engine so that sounds good for £399 + Vat.

What are the differences between ur old leon and the A3 1.8 T much power difference??

Jason

Jason_letts said:
I see! well spose i'll just have to live with it i have no CAT whatsoever so maybethats it hoping to get mine remapped on the 7-8 october he reckons 202 bhp is possible with my engine so that sounds good for £399 + Vat.

What are the differences between ur old leon and the A3 1.8 T much power difference??

Jason

My old Leon was 180bhp standard with the K03s, your/my A3 is 150bhp standard with a K03. If your car remaps over 200bhp i'll eat my hat :)

Are you going to the AMD RR day on the 7th? Is so it'll be interesting to compare yours and mine.

Your exhaust will add some power to the AMD map but i think you'd be doing well to get 190bhp.

I see so why get rid of the leon for a lower powered A3?

Email from quattronics said this:

The bhp would increase to 202bhp and the torque would be up from 160lb/ft to 232lb/ft. Obviously this is based on your car being in perfect health, we do full diagnostics prior to mapping to ensure all is ok, and you are using a top brand super unleaded fuel (V-Power/Optimax is preferred).
The price is £399+VAT but over the weekend I can reduce it by 10%.
I hope that answers your question and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Hopefully make the RR day but not much point unless mine is remapped just waiting to see what i get paid at the end of the month im only 17 so isnt that easy to find £4-500 straight up :laugh:

Jason

I'm sure that is what you were told, perhaps AMD's rollers are of the optimistic nature then ;)

REVO quote 190bhp from their similar spec remap, it all depends how much boost AMD dial in but the K03 has a limit to the amount of air it can flow.

BHP is just for bragging anyway, there's no doubt the remap will transform your car and make it even more fun to drive. If money is an issue the REVO remap is only £339+VAT :)

I had the Leon a while ago and have had other cars in between. The reason i sold it was because the leather seats were uncomfortable and my local SEAT dealer was utterly useless and it got to the point where i didn't want to go there despite having a SEAT warranty.

Truth be told my 8 year old A3 is a better car than my 2 year old Leon was, you can really tell where SEAT make the money savings with those cars.

Yeah i'll have to have a re-think then i want to do something to my car preferablly performance. and remap is the way to go im thinking? and im not just a 17 year old who wants to go fast i can drive LOL. done alot of brittsh champonship racing at top level and that.

am I right in thinking the 1.8 T in out cars are the same engine as in the S3.?

Jason

Jason_letts said:
Yeah i'll have to have a re-think then i want to do something to my car preferablly performance. and remap is the way to go im thinking? and im not just a 17 year old who wants to go fast i can drive LOL. done alot of brittsh champonship racing at top level and that.

am I right in thinking the 1.8 T in out cars are the same engine as in the S3.?

Jason

remap is the best £/bhp mod that you can do, way better than the exhaust.

It's sort of the same basic engine as the S3, but the S3 has differant ECU, Turbo, Intercooler and a whole bunch of other stuff.