Potential purchase

batwad

Reaction score
I'm going to look at this cheeky little number on Sunday :)

Any thoughts folks? What about the price; looks a bit much to me. I'd be happier if it was 11k. Mind you, it is fully loaded (except BOSE & Recaros) - it's even got that parking sensor thingy.

Oh, and don't anybody dare buy it before me! :moa:

seems a touch steep to me too - but the tdi quattros don't come up that often & you'll get a dealer warranty which is good imo

Well, that was an absolute farce! :sadlike:

Got there at 3:15pm when I'd arranged to view it and was kept waiting for nearly an hour :mad:

But then the icing on the cake: the car wasn't there. It was locked-up in their storage facility a few miles away that they can't get into at weekends :wtf:

So I'd wasted the journey from Manchester to Liverpool and the whole afternoon going to see the phantom car :banghead:

The problem now is that they've emailled me more pictures of the car and I really like the look of it. I'm thinking of going and having another look, maybe even to buy it.

Am I mad to go back to this dealership after the incompetence they showed? Especially as I live down south and it's a good three hour drive. Surely though once I've got it off them I need never have anything to do with them again...

Either that or try and get some more money off for wasting your time.

ps. they do look like recaros, the back bolsters look way too big to be standard sport ones.

Oh and tell them to wash it too!!!

Judging from the other photos I've been sent, they're not Recaros because they don't have the sliding bit that goes under your thighs. That and they're not full leather.

As for there being plenty around, this is the first TDi quattro I've seen in a couple of months that's been well-specced and low miles which is why I'm so keen on it.

There the facelift sports seats (got the cloth ones in mine) & although there not badged as recaros like in the S3 there identical to the recaro seats found in some of the later golf Mk iv's

as for seeing it - thats quite a trek but if your keen on it go for it - just hope you won't be getting it serviced at the same place cos they sound like a bunch of plonkers