JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos

Thread: ARB Problem

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Unhappy ARB Problem

Hey guys, some of you might remember I fit a set of Nuespeed ARBs, 22mmFront and 19mmRear. I had a weird noise from the bushes last week so the garage sorted it out. NOW I'm getting the weirdest noise from the F and R ARBs, whenever I go on an uneven road it sounds as if the ARBs aren't tightened enough. It clunks when the wheels go over different heights, any ideas as to what it could be? Could the ARBs be too loose? cause it sounds something like that, the only other thing I can think of it they're hitting on somethin but I doubt that. Any help would be much appreciated
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    i had a strange noise like that, and i found that a wheel was slightly lose.
    it was making a metal knocking kind of noise.
    sneaky silver s3.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    DAMN, I hope that's not the case. How did you find out? lifted the car and check the bolts? or just checked the wheel bolts?
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    checked all the wheel bolts earlier and they were all fine, has to be the ARBs I'm taking it to the garage the fit them tomorrow morning (I hate not having my car )

Audi S3-BAM

1st Gear

Status
    yeah i had washed my car, then poped the caps of (avus 17) and saw water on the inside so jacked the car up and found out a wheel was lose, so i done it up and checked the link arms and anti roll bar.
    sneaky silver s3.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    I got my car back today, seems to be good (so far), they supposedly took the arbs and bushes out and greased them, hopefully that's done the job (and it didn't cost me a penny). I'll probably be checking my wheel bolts this weekend as I "hopefully" get around to fixing my FMIC

Audi S3-BAM