My S3

mikerd4

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Only just got my S3, Im assured its a 225 model although Ive since been told not all face lifted models are 225?(any idea how I can check?) no real plans at the mo to do anything except maybe black out the chrome around the front grille, unless it can be got in cf? Any how heres some pics

Car is covered in dead bugs as havent had a chance to clean her
66464629.8QiLbqbc.jpg

66464630.1wjVmj8D.jpg

66464633.vKml0zM8.jpg

I know the colour is not to everyones taste and liking but I love it, looks a lot better in the flesh

Ive read cruise control can be retro fitted can anyone tell me how? is there a write up.

Have a look at the engine code to the left of the bulk head. I think it be a 210 with that badge on it though... don't take my word for it mind! Nice car either way mate!

Seems to be a facelift with pre-facelift badging, what year is it? My car was a facelift 210 on a '51 plate. There's almost no difference between them performance wise, and nothing once you've re-mapped. The 210 has the benefit of beeing cheaper to insure.

mikerd4 said:
Hi guys,

Only just got my S3, Im assured its a 225 model although Ive since been told not all face lifted models are 225?(any idea how I can check?) no real plans at the mo to do anything except maybe black out the chrome around the front grille, unless it can be got in cf? Any how heres some pics

Car is covered in dead bugs as havent had a chance to clean her
66464629.8QiLbqbc.jpg

66464630.1wjVmj8D.jpg

66464633.vKml0zM8.jpg

I know the colour is not to everyones taste and liking but I love it, looks a lot better in the flesh

Ive read cruise control can be retro fitted can anyone tell me how? is there a write up.

luvly car m8 colour is superb too :rockwoot:

Cracking motor, like the colour. My mate had one in the same colour and it does look really nice in the flesh.

nice car mate, sometimes i love yellow, sometimes i hate it,

but after i just seen yours i think i love it again lol

what year is the car

Nice one! :racer:

Have you any plans for it or are you leaving it standard?

didnt know the badging was diferent! I bought froma main audi dealer, was assured it was a 225 (late 01 production) as the it was sold by the main audi dealer in Ireland in Dublin and they got 5 pre production 225 models. Ill check the number when i go to work later.

Whats the diference in the badging?

Not working for me either. Some 'hotlinking is not allowed' graphic. I didn't know they were different either.

mate i heard you only bought one cos your mate got one ;)

yup I bought one cos a certain mate got one but he's a cowboy! lol

Those badge links are not working for me either?

I'll tell ya right now it ain't a facelift model... Wrong badge and the centre console is wrong for a 225 model.

Want proof? No problem!

Open the boot and take out the spare wheel. In the spare wheel well is a sticker with a load of model codes and stuff on it. Somewhere on there it'll say 210ps. I can't remember in what context, but its on the sticker.

I can almost garantee it isn't a 225 from the pics though.

Anyhow, if you want to remap, its the total same process as for the 225. The 225 has an extra lambda sensor in the exhaust somewhere (minifold I think), but I am *fairly sure* that this makes NO diff at all when remapping.

For god's sake take some advice from some guys here on who to get the work done by. If you get it done by a cowboy, it could seriously reduce the life of your engine. Check out www.auto-amd.com I have no idea if they're any good...

ChriS3 said:
Seems to be a facelift with pre-facelift badging, what year is it? My car was a facelift 210 on a '51 plate. There's almost no difference between them performance wise, and nothing once you've re-mapped. The 210 has the benefit of beeing cheaper to insure.

A FACELIFT 210???
Ummm... I don't think that can be right... facelift came at the same time as 225 didn't it?? I'm sure it did! Am I wrong??

no mate lots of 210 facelifts around - no offence but on one hand you know things for a fact yet you didnt know this?

Biggest facelift clue is the hedlights. one piece = facelift, 2piece = pre.

S3 YEA said:
A FACELIFT 210???
Ummm... I don't think that can be right... facelift came at the same time as 225 didn't it?? I'm sure it did! Am I wrong??

Yes, if you read the FAQ's section all will be revealed, S3 was facelifted when still in 210 form, it was then raised to 225 when the TTV6 model was released, so as to not steal sales from the TT range...

FWIW mikes car has a cupholder too :p

nice car mate, imola yellow rocks! ..thats what colour i'd go for if i could get a s3

S3 YEA said:
I'll tell ya right now it ain't a facelift model... Wrong badge and the centre console is wrong for a 225 model.

centre consule is a facelift one, and so it the gearknob and the steering wheel with the chrome ring. I think its genuine. Also the rear lights and boot handle are late items.

It's a facelift car with wrong exterior badges in my opinion, unless someone has gone to a LOT of work, you won't see anything in the footwell in PS, you'll see either 154KW or 165KW on the data sticker in the spare wheel well. 165KW is the 225 Engine.

leecs3 said:
centre consule is a facelift one, and so it the gearknob and the steering wheel with the chrome ring. I think its genuine. Also the rear lights and boot handle are late items.

The airvents are facelift too... like I said, if it wasn't built by the factory as a facelift car that's a LOT of work.

S3 YEA said:
A FACELIFT 210???

yes, you're wrong.

S3 YEA said:
Open the boot and take out the spare wheel. In the spare wheel well is a sticker with a load of model codes and stuff on it. Somewhere on there it'll say 210ps. I can't remember in what context, but its on the sticker.

close. The data sticker will state the power of the engine in kW.

165 = 225ps
154 = 210ps

god_thats_quick said:
Is there an echo in here?:meeting:

haha, i'm sure that wasn't up there before... o well...

haha OK OK... i'll refresh between reading and posting ;)

****** hell Ive started a mini riot! I know that the car had its wing mirrors stolen the week after it was originally sold (had car checked out by a garda), its possible the badges were stolen at the same time!

Another reason I think they were stolen is the badges are not the same as the logo on the instrument cluters as in pics of pre face lift s3's ive seen.The logo is also on the rev counter and is the face lift style logo and not as on the front grille!

Ive checked the paperwork and it is indeed a 210 model, so the salesman either didnt have a clue or he was just spoofing, either way I dont care as I am very very happy with the car and a remap will be on the agnda asap.

S3yea --I think I might let the bloke down the road do it lol

:confused:
Surely you will be able to tell by the reg? After 09/00 facelift before pre-facelift

slumming it with us 210 lads then :(

get it remapped wont make a difference then!

pablo said:
no mate lots of 210 facelifts around - no offence but on one hand you know things for a fact yet you didnt know this?

Biggest facelift clue is the hedlights. one piece = facelift, 2piece = pre.

Dude... I know SOME things as fact... This I wasn't sure about, hence the "am I wrong" question at the end... I was asking a question not making a statement. OK, so I'm wrong. Thanks for the answer! Make sense?! :huh: