boost gauge fitting

Ricco

SweetS3
Reaction score
Not Sure if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me how to fit a boost gauge?

umm... bit of an open question that one, you'll need to run some pressure hose from the fuel pressure regulator or other hose at the front of the engine into the cabin to where ever you want the gauge to be then get the power from somewhere near the fuses under the dash (drivers side) then sort out fitting the actual guage somewhere...

im going to rebuild the search indexes tonight (at the moment they are blank) so you should be able to search for this :)

can anyone give me quick answer where there is a hole in the bulkhead? All I need to get mine running.

cheers :)

you probably best coming up from the fuse box, I can only speak from my s4 and rs4, but there is a nice gap from the fusebox inside the car to the ecu in the engine bay :)

I assume A3 8L, If your in the front of the engine bay with the battery on your right..follow the leads off the battery carefully and you find a big rubber gromitt of sorts ,as you come to the bulk head, you can slip a vacum hose down by the side of the wires in this grommit. it wont pinch the hose ..you may have to pull a very small corner of the heat shield carpet back a bit if i remember correctly....
The other option would be to look around the pollen filter.
hope that helps

thanks all. Got some ideas on running the hoses, the side that has better access is just under the pollen filter but its just connecting what to where...

just fitted mine using the hole at the pollen filter. I used the Tpiece provided and pulled the hose off the top of the dump valve. Then ran the pipe by the pollen filter, in behind the glovebox and dropped down to where the ashtray usually is.

job done :)