noise at high revs??

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering really about this problem i may have, its my first turbo car so im not sure if maybe it has to be driven a certain way i.e not reved to the limit??? I find when i get about 6-7k the engine makes some wied nosie like theres a lot of pressure on the engine and somethings about to blow, plus it seems to lose some power at them revs, just doesnt sound healthy, was thinking maybe its the exhaust, its the original afaia and the cars done 80k.

Thanks guys

Allan

standard turbo begins to run out of puff around then. if your pulling of the accelerator you will be feeling delay as the air being pushed into the engine is recirculated and the turbo itself slows down, as you can imagine there is far more air flowing around that rpm. the difference in power will be what you are feeling initially when the turbo kicks in is the huge torque that pushes you back into the seat once you get higher rpm that feeling goes and if your turbo is a modified one that you would get high pressure at high rpm you would really start to move as the car puts power down.

that is what i would say to a first time turbo car owner, if you are still unsure have a diagnostic done on the car with vagcom if there is a problem with one of the modules it will tell you. HTH

just been out and the noise starts at 5k not 6k, Does sound like im doing damage to the engine. Anyway when i chnage gear i can hear the revs still revving even when i change gear its weird like the go down slowly.

still pretty rapid once it gets going in 3rd gear even in 6th gear it pulls hard.