My A3 (pictures inside)

killa_z

Couped Out
Reaction score
i also have a similar thread when introducing myself in the welcome section,
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=254029#post254029

but thought i'd share the pics here too for those who dont visit that area of the board

34xs401.jpg

2lu7w50.jpg

4gdnpzd.jpg

2uztbab.jpg

3y4rvh4.jpg

2poawq0.jpg

2rdu9oo.jpg

all comments welcome

Welcome to the forum.

Rather not comment on the car - it's certainly different but not my thing (like the wheels though).

...what's with that numberplate? I see people with ultra expensive cars going round with em, fair enough, but why the motherfu**er bit? what's all that about? is it just teen angst? :)

Sorry not a fan, but everyone to their own.

Surely they are just show plates? You don't run around with them on do you?

Like the grill, not sure about the lights (think fog lights would be nice). Def don't like the rear lights (should keep 'em standard or to the new kind). Can’t comment on the number plate (I've also got a priv number plate) just not so in your face

not my type at all, grill and wheels looks good, but its like a rude boy racer type of car, (not saying you are )

i prefer subtle looks and keeping everything near OEM

edit

the angel lights actually look quite good

Im liking the Lights and the grill mate suprised you havnt been pulled with that old style plate you can get points for having those style paltes thats what i heard so i didnt bother wasnt worth it.

Jason

Jason_letts said:
you can get points for having those style paltes thats what i heard .

Jason

No Endorsable fixed penalty for the plates(points) but a fine and a request to change them back to normal, if you fail to do that, BIB may request the plate to be discontinued/returned. Might get yourself lifted if BIB look closely to the expletive wording!!!:angrymod:

I think i quite like the black headlights,i was thinking along these lines myself as my lights are crap(pre face lift),and i would like to freshen up the front ,also my car is black too.Moody yep i like the front.Are the lights any good,better than the old ones?Cheers Andy

I do like the lights & I have the smoked rear numbers myself but I think the moody looks a bit OTT & gives a kinda .....gang of hoodies surrounding the car while handing out tenner bags. :drag:...feeling. The bizzies will love you! :busted_cop:

It's a rude motor....And the number plate is the final nail which makes it offensive..
Everthing said above about the plate is true..
You will get nicked for a plate like that on the grounds its offensive and a breach of the peace. An offence in extremes , punishable via prison sentence. (doubt it would happen).:angrymod: ,dude at least take off the word "MF"...no need for it..
I dont think youll get such negative remarks that way.And the old style plates looks nice(but still illegal).

...I do like the lights front and rear..wheels look sweet(is it standard ride height), I like the debageness ...makes it look smooth, have you thought about blanking the rear wiper off. I think that will continue your theme. :jump:

Markb said:
No reply since the pictures. Have we offended?

This A3 is exactly what I was talking about in your other thread about the price of S3s going down etc, as the prices go down younger and younger people are going o buy 8Ls and you will start seeing more cars like this.

peloton said:
...gives a kinda .....gang of hoodies surrounding the car while handing out tenner bags. :drag:...feeling.
What a description! Quality! :yes:

I think the best thing about this car is that it is completely badgeless, so at least your average joe public wont know its an audi when looking at/running from it.

silver75 said:
This A3 is exactly what I was talking about in your other thread about the price of S3s going down etc, as the prices go down younger and younger people are going o buy 8Ls and you will start seeing more cars like this.

Yeah I have started to notice this as well. That's why I am looking to move on.

no, i'm not offended, was just giving time for everyone to chuck in enough replies, although i did say all comment welcome i am not majorly concerned whether you like my car or not but i am at the same time interested in your opinions, at the end of the day it is MY car and so me liking it is no.1 priority

firstly im not suprised and was expecting you older lot to not like it as most of you seem only interested in keeping cars average as far as appearance is concerned, i dont know about where you guys are from but where i am my car is seen to have 'subtle' mods, if i had a big loud exaust and a mad outstanding bodykit with decals then maybe boy racer would be the title, but this, i dont think so, just different and far from mediocre, i prefer the terms smart and possibly slick, ha

as old as you guys are (compared to me) i find it shocking your moaning about a little joke on the plate and i thought I needed to grow up, ha),
i have been in front, behind, next to and opposite police many many times, never have they bothered to stop me about it, main word being 'bothered', its no big deal, no need to cry about it, i figure as long as you can perfectly make out each character theres no major problem and i can only assume they feel the same which is why i've had no trouble from it, i do indeed drive with them on

i didnt mind a few negative coments about the car and saw it was a joke but as i said, when people started to go on a bit about it too much (like my old woman) i started to think you guys are serious, ha

no, im not a drug dealer but i do like the comparision from your sterotyping (im in full time education [A levels, if you must know])

and for those bitching about us youngsters being able to have these cars, i apologise we were unable to afford them before ;)

i no i may have grown a major dislike towards me from this post but hey, its only the net and im defending myself! i will stick around and hope that not all of you will judge me from my car, thanks

p.s heres a couple more pics in the bright daylight (requested via pm bcoz the dark doesnt help too much, i also uploaded an image without flash but is poor quality coz it was taken on my camera phone but its just to show that the back lights are actually blakc and dont look that bright)

4i4lg77.jpg

2qsqckw.jpg

2vud5d2.jpg

thank you to all others who commented and i appreciated the feedback, cheers for some of the praise

I'm not a huge fan of the styling myself, but each to their own... I must admit though, had I been 17(I think that's your age?) and had an A3 as a car, it'd probably look pretty much like that! I think your car would benefit from a bit of lowering aswell, next mod maybe?
pics looks 10X better in daylight btw.

Good response!
I doubt much offense was meant by the comments.
As for the 'drug dealer' thing, when I was 20 I used to have a black MkII GTI which was VERY similarly styled. My room was black with most of my clothes being black too for that matter! I wasn't a goth but it was my favourite 'colour' or lack of (if that's how you perceive it to be). I used to get ribbed for the drug dealer look also for the same reason & can now see where they were coming from.

Randomjim said:
How old are u out of interest?
yer mans doing A levels so he should be 17/18 not that I ever got any :(

pictures do look alot better in day light,

lower it, change interior and put the facelift fog lights in at the bottom

will look nice then

jojo said:
I must admit though, had I been 17(I think that's your age?) and had an A3 as a car, it'd probably look pretty much like that...

..which is pretty much my point, wasnt having a dig just stating a fact. As the 8L cars get older, they will become more affordable so you will get younger peeps buying them and modding them in this manner. This is just how its going to be and I can bet this wont be the last car on here to arouse negative comments
Fella said all comments welcome, so I made some :shrug:

Anyway I recon lowering and maybe adding foglights from the later models would look good.

Which is what he asked for, id expect honesty if i posted pics up. Which i mite do soon cos im running low on ideas he he.

I'm 35 but I don't think my age has anything to do with disliking the MF on the plate. "Each to his own" as far as the rest of your car goes, live and let live and all that, but the number plate is awful.

Im 21 an i dont like it to be honest. Looks like your trying to get pulled.

Good on you for doing A levels and actually being ***** to work so you can buy an Audi.
I got my first A3 when i was 18 and most students were spending money on drink not saving to buy a decent car.
I like the front end and as some of the other members have said think it could do with being a bit lower, plus if it's a 1.6 instead of a 1.8t you can lower it without having to worry so much about the anti roll bar as it has smaller driveshalfs, and save a £100 odd quid.
Also good being black so it looks colour coded!!!

also if you do get some S3 seats for the car, you will probably find the side airbags won't work as they changed the connectors under the seat, can be fixed not to trip the airbag warning light but the side bags won't work. Pm me if you do get them and want anymore info

Well im 17 and got to admit theres a few things i like on it and a few things i dont.

personally its not to my taste im just stating that im 17 not all 17 year olds want a chavtastic car, at the end of the day its what the driver thinks of his car i think.

Jason

Hi, i personally think your car is alright....i understand where some of the other members are coming from though.

As for subtle mods, you must be having a joke, having 'mf' under your plate is not subtle, for what reason you have it there, god knows!

Its an extremely nice car for a 17 year old though, but i wouldn't have opted for the mods you have chosen on it.

I had my first A4 when i was 17, and it's not an age thing, it's to do with taste. Your car is different in many ways, so expect a lot of feedback from people. Don't take it to heart though, as its your car, you may do what you like with it.

Just my 2 pence ;)

BTW previous police cars next to you, behind you or even in front of you may not have been traffic. If you do get pulled over and they fine you, it is at your own risk, i have seen many cars in brighton with the black number plates pulled over and fined. I'm sure the other owners were just warning you!