JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Couped Out

Status

My A3 (pictures inside)

i also have a similar thread when introducing myself in the welcome section,
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...029#post254029

but thought i'd share the pics here too for those who dont visit that area of the board

all comments welcome

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Welcome to the forum.

Rather not comment on the car - it's certainly different but not my thing (like the wheels though).
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

1st Gear

Status
    Looks like a good start. Nice moody dark features. Just needs a set of coilovers!

Big Ron

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by killa_z

all comments welcome
    ...well in that case dont get offended but I really dont like what you have done to your car (specially the number plate)
    ..but anyway one of the beauties of living in the western world is that we are all entitled to our opinions and differences

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

2nd Gear

Status
    ...what's with that numberplate? I see people with ultra expensive cars going round with em, fair enough, but why the motherfu**er bit? what's all that about? is it just teen angst?

6th Gear

Status
    Sorry not a fan, but everyone to their own.

Surely they are just show plates? You don't run around with them on do you?
    Pirates black Honda Accord Type-R VTEC

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    Like the grill, not sure about the lights (think fog lights would be nice). Def don't like the rear lights (should keep 'em standard or to the new kind). Can’t comment on the number plate (I've also got a priv number plate) just not so in your face
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

6th Gear

Status
    Its definatly moody i'll give you that
    Built in Germany, Perfected in England

va va voom

Status
    not my type at all, grill and wheels looks good, but its like a rude boy racer type of car, (not saying you are )

i prefer subtle looks and keeping everything near OEM

edit

the angel lights actually look quite good
    Last edited by rickparmar; 13th September 2006 at 19:34.
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Im liking the Lights and the grill mate suprised you havnt been pulled with that old style plate you can get points for having those style paltes thats what i heard so i didnt bother wasnt worth it.

Jason

6th Gear

Status
    yea you have to have a car made before 1973 to get away with it.

6th Gear

Status
    Also the spacing is out on the plates. So I wouldn't like to risk driving around like that.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_letts
    you can get points for having those style paltes thats what i heard .

Jason
    No Endorsable fixed penalty for the plates(points) but a fine and a request to change them back to normal, if you fail to do that, BIB may request the plate to be discontinued/returned. Might get yourself lifted if BIB look closely to the expletive wording!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Obviously a Pulp Fiction fan!!!!!
    2003 B6 A4 Avant 1.9TDi Quattro Sport - the current ride for me and my dog.
    2002 Goodwood Green S3 225 - sold
    2000 Cabriolet 1.8 final edition - sold
    1995 B5 A4 1.8 SE - sold

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I think i quite like the black headlights,i was thinking along these lines myself as my lights are crap(pre face lift),and i would like to freshen up the front ,also my car is black too.Moody yep i like the front.Are the lights any good,better than the old ones?Cheers Andy
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

6th Gear

Status
    No reply since the pictures. Have we offended?

6th Gear

Status
    well he did say all comments welcome

4th Gear

Status
    hideous

2nd Gear

Status
    I do like the lights & I have the smoked rear numbers myself but I think the moody looks a bit OTT & gives a kinda .....gang of hoodies surrounding the car while handing out tenner bags. ...feeling. The bizzies will love you!
    2000 Audi S3

Illegally Street

Status

peloton ...you got it spot on.

It's a rude motor....And the number plate is the final nail which makes it offensive..
    Everthing said above about the plate is true..
    You will get nicked for a plate like that on the grounds its offensive and a breach of the peace. An offence in extremes , punishable via prison sentence. (doubt it would happen). ,dude at least take off the word "MF"...no need for it..
    I dont think youll get such negative remarks that way.And the old style plates looks nice(but still illegal).

...I do like the lights front and rear..wheels look sweet(is it standard ride height), I like the debageness ...makes it look smooth, have you thought about blanking the rear wiper off. I think that will continue your theme.

Big Ron

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb
    No reply since the pictures. Have we offended?
    This A3 is exactly what I was talking about in your other thread about the price of S3s going down etc, as the prices go down younger and younger people are going o buy 8Ls and you will start seeing more cars like this.

Quote Originally Posted by peloton
    ...gives a kinda .....gang of hoodies surrounding the car while handing out tenner bags. ...feeling.
    What a description! Quality!

I think the best thing about this car is that it is completely badgeless, so at least your average joe public wont know its an audi when looking at/running from it.

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

6th Gear

Status

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by silver75
    This A3 is exactly what I was talking about in your other thread about the price of S3s going down etc, as the prices go down younger and younger people are going o buy 8Ls and you will start seeing more cars like this.
    Yeah I have started to notice this as well. That's why I am looking to move on.

Couped Out

Status
    no, i'm not offended, was just giving time for everyone to chuck in enough replies, although i did say all comment welcome i am not majorly concerned whether you like my car or not but i am at the same time interested in your opinions, at the end of the day it is MY car and so me liking it is no.1 priority

firstly im not suprised and was expecting you older lot to not like it as most of you seem only interested in keeping cars average as far as appearance is concerned, i dont know about where you guys are from but where i am my car is seen to have 'subtle' mods, if i had a big loud exaust and a mad outstanding bodykit with decals then maybe boy racer would be the title, but this, i dont think so, just different and far from mediocre, i prefer the terms smart and possibly slick, ha

as old as you guys are (compared to me) i find it shocking your moaning about a little joke on the plate and i thought I needed to grow up, ha),
    i have been in front, behind, next to and opposite police many many times, never have they bothered to stop me about it, main word being 'bothered', its no big deal, no need to cry about it, i figure as long as you can perfectly make out each character theres no major problem and i can only assume they feel the same which is why i've had no trouble from it, i do indeed drive with them on

i didnt mind a few negative coments about the car and saw it was a joke but as i said, when people started to go on a bit about it too much (like my old woman) i started to think you guys are serious, ha

no, im not a drug dealer but i do like the comparision from your sterotyping (im in full time education [A levels, if you must know])

and for those *****ing about us youngsters being able to have these cars, i apologise we were unable to afford them before

i no i may have grown a major dislike towards me from this post but hey, its only the net and im defending myself! i will stick around and hope that not all of you will judge me from my car, thanks

p.s heres a couple more pics in the bright daylight (requested via pm bcoz the dark doesnt help too much, i also uploaded an image without flash but is poor quality coz it was taken on my camera phone but its just to show that the back lights are actually blakc and dont look that bright)

thank you to all others who commented and i appreciated the feedback, cheers for some of the praise

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I'm not a huge fan of the styling myself, but each to their own... I must admit though, had I been 17(I think that's your age?) and had an A3 as a car, it'd probably look pretty much like that! I think your car would benefit from a bit of lowering aswell, next mod maybe?
    pics looks 10X better in daylight btw.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

6th Gear

Status
    How old are u out of interest?

2nd Gear

Status
    Good response!
    I doubt much offense was meant by the comments.
    As for the 'drug dealer' thing, when I was 20 I used to have a black MkII GTI which was VERY similarly styled. My room was black with most of my clothes being black too for that matter! I wasn't a goth but it was my favourite 'colour' or lack of (if that's how you perceive it to be). I used to get ribbed for the drug dealer look also for the same reason & can now see where they were coming from.
    2000 Audi S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomjim
    How old are u out of interest?
    yer mans doing A levels so he should be 17/18 not that I ever got any

6th Gear

Status
    17 must be a drug dealer ha ha

va va voom

Status
    pictures do look alot better in day light,

lower it, change interior and put the facelift fog lights in at the bottom

will look nice then
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

6th Gear

Status
    An get rid of the rear lights an plates

Big Ron

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    I must admit though, had I been 17(I think that's your age?) and had an A3 as a car, it'd probably look pretty much like that...
    ..which is pretty much my point, wasnt having a dig just stating a fact. As the 8L cars get older, they will become more affordable so you will get younger peeps buying them and modding them in this manner. This is just how its going to be and I can bet this wont be the last car on here to arouse negative comments
    Fella said all comments welcome, so I made some

Anyway I recon lowering and maybe adding foglights from the later models would look good.

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

6th Gear

Status
    Which is what he asked for, id expect honesty if i posted pics up. Which i mite do soon cos im running low on ideas he he.

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm 35 but I don't think my age has anything to do with disliking the MF on the plate. "Each to his own" as far as the rest of your car goes, live and let live and all that, but the number plate is awful.
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

6th Gear

Status
    Im 21 an i dont like it to be honest. Looks like your trying to get pulled.

3rd Gear

Status
    chavtastic

1st Gear

Status
    Good on you for doing A levels and actually being arsed to work so you can buy an Audi.
    I got my first A3 when i was 18 and most students were spending money on drink not saving to buy a decent car.
    I like the front end and as some of the other members have said think it could do with being a bit lower, plus if it's a 1.6 instead of a 1.8t you can lower it without having to worry so much about the anti roll bar as it has smaller driveshalfs, and save a 100 odd quid.
    Also good being black so it looks colour coded!!!

1st Gear

Status
    also if you do get some S3 seats for the car, you will probably find the side airbags won't work as they changed the connectors under the seat, can be fixed not to trip the airbag warning light but the side bags won't work. Pm me if you do get them and want anymore info

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Well im 17 and got to admit theres a few things i like on it and a few things i dont.

personally its not to my taste im just stating that im 17 not all 17 year olds want a chavtastic car, at the end of the day its what the driver thinks of his car i think.

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi, i personally think your car is alright....i understand where some of the other members are coming from though.

As for subtle mods, you must be having a joke, having 'mf' under your plate is not subtle, for what reason you have it there, god knows!

Its an extremely nice car for a 17 year old though, but i wouldn't have opted for the mods you have chosen on it.

I had my first A4 when i was 17, and it's not an age thing, it's to do with taste. Your car is different in many ways, so expect a lot of feedback from people. Don't take it to heart though, as its your car, you may do what you like with it.

Just my 2 pence

3rd Gear

Status
    BTW previous police cars next to you, behind you or even in front of you may not have been traffic. If you do get pulled over and they fine you, it is at your own risk, i have seen many cars in brighton with the black number plates pulled over and fined. I'm sure the other owners were just warning you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast