Debadging a3.....?

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Im In 2 minds wether to debadge the rear of my A3 or not? Dont want to take them off and be left with nast paintwork underneath has any-one got any pics of an A3 debadged?

I was thinking possibly sticking a Porsche turbo style badge on it ?

What you think?

Jason

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=27168&page=3

Theres a pic of my car debadged here. I bought it like that but prefer it this way anyway. To debadge yourself use a hair drier and dental floss. IMO either keep your OE badges on or take em off, but dont put any porsche or aftermarket badges on (except maybe tuning houses if your car is tuned,AMD, Oettinger, or MTM etc)

i've debadged the A3 and 1.8T on my car, but left the audi rings on there.

i agree that you dont want to be putting any porsche badges on there!

I agree does look much better, im concernedto wether underneath the paintwork might be peeled or something though after you remove the badges?

Jason

skanky said:
i've debadged the A3 and 1.8T on my car, but left the audi rings on there.

i agree that you dont want to be putting any porsche badges on there!

i have always preferred the clean look - mine is de-badged apart from rings

Debadged can look a lot cleaner IMO + you don't have as much ball ache when your cleaning / waxing it.

i'd steer clear of putting other brands badges on it though - an A3 TDI near me has an RS badge from a ford (i think) on the back and it just looks cr@p

seen a A3 on the way home with a porsche "turbo" badge stuck on the upper left of the boot (above "A3").. not to my tastes.

There's a mean looking A4 often parked where I work that's got all the S4 bodykit on, even S4 badges on the grille and wings. Go round to the back though and the goon's left the 1.9TDi badge on! :wacko: