HELP!! S3 A/C & Cooling Problem

rashpal1

Reaction score
Hi Guys..

I think i might have a big problem on my hands, driving into work this morning and noticed that my A/C is not working. Just blowing warm air, then noticed that my temp gauge has reached 100 degrees. Parked the car up in the car park and it has reached 110 degrees.

Surely this 110 degrees cannot be heatlhly for the engine, has anyone ever had this problem before. Or does anyone know what the problem may be?

Help please....

Pal

rashpal1 said:
Hi Guys..

I think i might have a big problem on my hands, driving into work this morning and noticed that my A/C is not working. Just blowing warm air, then noticed that my temp gauge has reached 100 degrees. Parked the car up in the car park and it has reached 110 degrees.

Surely this 110 degrees cannot be heatlhly for the engine, has anyone ever had this problem before. Or does anyone know what the problem may be?

Help please....

Pal

:huh: That's a really tough one... Part of me wants to suggest that the two faults aren't related... 1. you've low coolant and 2. your AC needs a charge -this is totally plausible, so check your coolant level... If low, top her up!

if your coolant level IS right, then possibly you've a dodgy pump (this I think MIGHT ALSO affect AC as well as coolant flow through the engine. I don't know for certain). This is not an uncommon fault and it doesn't cost much to fix if it IS that.

Your friendly local Audi dealer will be able to tell by shoving a VAG-COM up your car's interface and checking if the car has recorded a low voltage fault from the pump.

GET IT DONE QUICK! Else you'll nail your engine!! Done sweat, it won't cost a million pounds!

Sorted it.. One of the fuses on the top of the battery had corroded, just took it out and cleaned the terminals with sandpaper and put ina new fuse..

Working fine now...