A3 TDI 110 or Golf GT TDI 130

emzino

Reaction score
Hi all. As we get closer to the end of the month, which means pay day, I am looking even more at what to get.

I've narrowed it down to the A3 TDI 110 (2001 >) or the Golf GT TDI 130.

Now i'm able to pickup a GT TDI 130 for roughly the same prices as a A3 TDI 110.

Only thing keeping me with the A3 is the quality, looks and the fact that it's as common as the Golf but I still want the power.

What would you recommend (without being biased lol). Settle with the 110bhp and remap/chip it or go for the GT TDI 130 and remap/chip to get even more power...

Thanks in advance.

Could you not got for the 130pd Audi and get the best of both?

The 130 on the A3 is so damn expensive. It's over a grand more than the 110. I guess i'll save for it.

No way i'm getting the 110 anymore, just found out that it isn't PD. Can you confirm this? Also could you confirm that the 130 DOES is PD.

auroan said:
90 and 110 are non PD. 115 and 130 are PD

115 wasn't available in the A3 range, it's 90 and 110 non PD or 100 and 130PD... you will find that the 100PD model will probably be quicker or the same performance as the previous 110 no PD.

Just go for a higher mileage Audi. There's plenty of ex company cars out there, 3 years old with 80k on the clock, bargain.

Audi definatly wins as far as looks go and comparing to golfs i know of it wins on performace too (my personal opinion; golfs are too damn heavy and slow)

both are diesel so thats around a 30% power increase when chipped so good either way

as above i'd personally leave the 110 alone, it's not a bad engine at all but if your looking to chip / remap the 130 is a much better platform to begin with IMO.

there must be quite a few high milage 130pd's out there which would be worth a look, if the engine is regularly serviced it should go round the clock at least twice