Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

upgrading to TT brakes

Just wondering is the brake calipers off a 225 TT is the same as a A3 TSport and if so did anybody know the part nos. for the bracket that hold the calipers.

cheer

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: upgrading to TT brakes

Can someone who's done this mod give a description of the improvement over standard 288MM disk on the 1.8T?

does it make a noticeable difference for the money? or is it worth saving the money for some brembo GTs

Reverse Gear

Status

Hi,
    I have a '98 A3 1.8T Sport, and just recently had the brakes upgraded by AmD. I had TT calipers and EBC grooved discs and greenstuff pads fitted. The difference is chalk and cheese. The feel from the standard brakes was a bit spongy and in a emergency did not inspire real confidence. The new set-up is sooooooo much better. Real feel in the pedal and shorter stopping distances. AmD charged 209 for the discs, 64 for the pads, 185 for the calipers plus fitting at 55 per hour. I had a chip, service and rolling road so don't know the exact labour cost, but 1 hour would be enough. I would definately recommend this mod, it feal much much better. Hope this helps. Graham

Neutral

Status

That's great, any ideas why they changed the Calipers as well?

I was under inpression that the calipers are the same and I only needed the Carriers and disks or can someone correct me.