Volks AutosJMB Retrofits

Thread: boost gauge

Reverse Gear

Status

boost gauge

hi,

thinking of having a mounted boost gauge... are these hard to fit anyone done a how to ... easy to follow guide..and pics..

lee.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Yes they are easy just plug a line in from your fuel pressure regulator with a t piece, have a search of the forum, I'm sure I posted a "how to" guide a while ago.

The only pain is getting the line through into the car!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    Theres an easy way of getting the boost hose into the car. Remove the glovebox. Remove the upper strut brace from the engine bay. Remove the airbox and battery cover. Pull back the rubber trim near the chassis number and lift up the access panel.

This reveals some black electrical trunking. Pop the top off and follow the wiring in the trunking to the upper scuttle area where the pollen filter is and locate the black rubber bung/grommit, remove it and poke a hole in it to feed the hose through. Get a strong wire or such like (I used an undone coat hanger) and feed it down through the the hole the grommit lives in and you will see it emerge in the footwell. Tape the hose to it and pull it through - job done, maybe 45mins at the most!

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    Nervus is spot on except I didn't see any need to remove the strut brace (I can see it'd make it a little less hassle though).