problem fitting dv on s3

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hey, i bought a new dv from audi cost me 24 quid, its the bosch one. But im having trouble fitting it, cant get the clips off, i managed to get the small one off the top but the other large clip and jubely(sp) clip i cant get too as there is no room. Help please!!!

Also as i had all the plastic covers out the way i decided to try and fit my old bmc cda from my clio 172 and it fits and sounds awsome the dv is louder as well. But am i doing any damage to any parts of the engine by using it.

Thanks guys

Allan

*update* just booked in 2moro at bigboystoys in essex to have a revo done and maybe get the dv fitted by them as well......cant wait!

I'm suprised the BMC CDA from a clio 172 was a straight fit to the S3 MAF! Something of a stroke of luck it matches the rather large 80mm MAF housing and had screw holes in the right place?!

One thing worth checking is how the length and diameter of the Clio filter compares to the size that BMC recommend for the S3. If the clio filter is too small you may actually be restricting the amount of air the turbo can suck in.

If it all fits securely and the filter is the right size then it shouldn't do any harm.

The bmc cda for the clio sport is massive as its for a 2.0L 16v engine, i read they are universal and range in size depending on size of engine. It fits perfect and sits nicley in the bottom part of the plastic airfilter case, there are holes where the cold air comes in which are right where the bmc sits.

It sounds so much better and you can clearly hear the turbo spin up and the air escape like a normal dumpvalve. Nice with the windows down. probably losing power tho.

Cant wait for 2moro!!!!

Allan

Cool, the only reason i asked is that BMC list specific parts for CDA's to fitted to cars with Bosch MAF sensors.

ya ive seen a picture, it has a different adaptor to the one i have, its off now anyway, i got a replacement filter in the airbox and bought a forgue dv with the remap its running pretty good, just gotta use optimax or super unleaded to keep it running nicely.

Allan

Good stuff. Get Shell V-Power in it ASAP.

Oh, and your signature... it's spelt Forge and don't get RS4's ;)

thanks man ill change it, why not get rs4's what do u recommend, i also like the rs6 wheels. Do u think 18's will affect performance?

Allan

Only kidding really, wheels are all about personal taste!

New wheels will affect performance if they are significantly heavier than your current ones. Cheap replica RS4's will be heavy, Audi RSTT rims look like RS4's but should be a lighter than replica's.