2002/02 S3 - £9500

silstream

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Firstly, sincere apologies for not posting this in the classifieds - I realise I'm twisting the rules as I don't have enough posts to submit a thread there but hope this will be of interest to the forum so apologies again to the administrators...

I've found a worthy replacement to my S3 and have agreed the sale so my S3 needs to go in the next 48 hours or it will go to the stealers for £9500 and I'd much prefer to sell the car to an enthusiast than have them stick £2000 on top....

2002/02 S3 in Dolphin Grey (BAM engine)
85,000 miles
Full black leather
Audi Sat Nav (DIS Navigation with Symphony II)
Heated Seats
Polished Mirrors
Cruise (factory fit not aftermarket)
Bose
Auto-dimming mirror
3rd rear headrest

Full Audi Service History
AmD Stage 1 remap (265bhp), cambelt, water pump and tensioner all done just 4,000 miles ago
Nearly new goodyear Eagle F1's all round
10 months MOT and Tax

Based near Reading so please PM me if interested or call on 07971 484735.

thanks,
Pete.

Grr why did this come up now when I haven't got the funds sorted. Would have snapped this up :mad: :sadlike:

Would you mind telling us what the "worthy replacement" is? I'm always interested to know what S3 owners move on to next.

I'm almost embarrased to say, but I've been swayed into an Astra VXR...

I'm gonna miss the 4WD for sure and still have some aprehension about torque steer but after some mixed reviews on the press cars, Vauxhall (with the help of Lotus) seem to have sorted the suspension so was pretty impressed with the 06 plate I drove yesterday... Fancying a change from the S3, I've tried lots of alternatives recently, e.g. Focus ST, Mazda RX-8 etc. and the Astra felt the most S3-like but am open to others views before it's too late?!

i know....

have you tried, what was that car again... oh yes,

another S3 ??

i should delete the post purely because I've just read the words "Astra VXR" and " I've found a worthy replacement to my S3 " in the same post !

I reckon you should hang on to your S3 until MarkB is ready to buy, then spoil yourself with the Astra VXarse, then we would all be happy. :)

would love to wait but have a very good deal open on the vxr (paying trade price via a mate and it's not the sort of car he's used to trading so it's not like they'll be another one along soon...) so that's the real temptation here otherwise I wouldn't be selling the S3 at all...

I'm not arguing the vxr is a lesser car so "worthy replacement" is more on the basis of direct comparison between 2002 85k S3 + couple of grand vs. 2006 5k VXR...

I can probably stretch out the purchase a few days but sadly don't have the cash flow to buy one without selling the other... have been on this forum for years and will certainly return (this is my 4th S3 since my first one purchased new in 99 so I keep trying something else & coming back to the same perfect formula!)... just have an rare offer in front of me where I won't lose money on the replacement and can let the S3 go for much less than I think it's worth...

p.s. for what it's worth, S3 also fitted with factory phone kit, S3 plate and front armrest

dont worry dude, im only pulling your leg, we all have different tastes in cars or we'll all be driving around in the same ****** car !

Stewart said:
Indeed. Worthy my ***.

:biggrin:

To be honest Vauxhall and ford have really upped there game lately I doubt anyone would have gone from an S3 to the previous astra :keule:

....but its still an astra, whens the new Civic type R coming out

silver75 said:
:biggrin:

To be honest Vauxhall and ford have really upped there game lately I doubt anyone would have gone from an S3 to the previous astra :keule:

....but its still an astra, whens the new Civic type R coming out

November i think!!