revo and clutch?

dantheman1986

Reaction score
wanting to get my car remapped with a revo map at corten millers in lincolnshire (anyone used them?) but im a bit worried about the clutch as ive heard they dont tend to lst long after a remap? car is a a3 1.8t quattro is this true about the clutch ir is it mainly on the s3's?

my car is dbw aswell

It's not just the S3. Chances are you will be OK, but a significant number of people do have clutch problems after a remap. You do need to be prepared for that eventuality ...

the possibility of the clutch failing is one of the reasons i havent revo'd my car, yet.. :)

why not take the free 5 hour revo trial before you shell out 500 notes?

likely you will be ok on the clutch NDBW is under 200bhp & tq , definently worth doing the car will perform as it should of from the factory.

it may still have to wait till i can jump ship to adrian flux, none too impressed about having to pay an extra 3k premium to revo it :)

skanky said:
it may still have to wait till i can jump ship to adrian flux, none too impressed about having to pay an extra 3k premium to revo it :)

Ouch! Adrian Flux well worth investigating as they also now guarantee to beat other renewal quotes. This means that this year I actually saved money despite having a remap and a few other mods. You just need to find a good quote elsewhere (which I did via Noel Dazeley).

On the subject of the thread I wonder if the brand of remap has an influence on the likelihood of needing a new clutch (over and above the map itself and driving style). I know Revo is reputed to be more 'aggressive' (can't comment myself) and wonder if this would increase the likelihood.

On the subject of the thread I wonder if the brand of remap has an influence on the likelihood of needing a new clutch (over and above the map itself and driving style). I know Revo is reputed to be more 'aggressive' (can't comment myself) and wonder if this would increase the likelihood.

I think any remap and driving style are the two main factors. In my case, I considered I had a moderate driving style - never did standing starts - but the increased in-gear torque was enough to kill the clutch (it slipped in-gear, not during gear change). And for those who haven't owned the cars from new there's no way of knowing how the previous owner treated them.

As I needed a new clutch after mine, I consider my remap cost £1400. I may not have had it done had I known beforehand.

Wouldn't be without the remap now, mind! :)