Need New Tyres - What are good?

DamoS3Q

Reaction score
Afternoon all!

I unfortunately need 4 ****** tyres as im now running illigal tyres. What ones are the best to go for?

Im looking at F1, P--Zero Rosso, Continental, Goodyear - Excellnce.

DamoS3Q said:
Afternoon all!

I unfortunately need 4 ****** tyres as im now running illigal tyres. What ones are the best to go for?

Im looking at F1, P--Zero Rosso, Continental, Goodyear - Excellnce.

Conti's are good but wear very quickly, Goodyear's are a touch too hard for a year round tyre. Pirelli's have everything and have won the performance tyre of the year.....just about every year. Work really well on a track too

Everyone likes F1's on here. Can't go wrong with them really.

yeah I have F1 GSD3's and they seem like a good tyre !

I'd agree F1's are the way to go, the P zero's are raelly grippy (more so than the F1's) but they just dont last long enough IMO

I got 4 new eagle F1's yesterday, and boy does the car feel different, ive had these before on a BMW, and must say, as long as they are in the budget, id go for them everytime, i got them for 92 each fitted in the end

Contis were hard and boring. Toyo T1S were too soft. Toyo CF1 are crap. Michi PS2 were too pricey and not as good as expected. F1s are awesome. Bridgestone RE050 would be my next choice or the PZeros as I haven't tried those yet.

bridgestone's all the way i dont know why none of you have them they grip great in both wet and dry.

My best experience with tyres on an Audi was the Michelin Pilot Primacy. I put a set of four new ones on my 2.8 Quattro, and thery were the DBs. Loads of grip (wet or dry), long lasting, and quiet.

Someone should make this topic a sticky. Seems like noone can be bothered searching on one of the most common threads.

For what it's worth, Yokohama Parada Spec 2's rock.

millsyd said:
bridgestone's all the way i dont know why none of you have them they grip great in both wet and dry.

Ive currently got Re050A's and im not a great fan, only tried them as I liked the S02's I had on my pug306 previously. Last set of tyres were F1's and I much prefer them to these although they are both better than the factory fit P6000's when I got the car originally.

I have not long purchased an S3 with Goodyear F1's all round and they seem ok so far. I had Michelin Primacy's on my old A3 and I liked them also.

AndyM said:
Ive currently got Re050A's and im not a great fan, only tried them as I liked the S02's I had on my pug306 previously. Last set of tyres were F1's and I much prefer them to these although they are both better than the factory fit P6000's when I got the car originally.

SO2 were are are the best tyre in the world IMHO. Had them on the Evo and the S3 and they were the best, agressive as hell and grippy as ****. However you can't get them no more on 225/45/17. Tried the SO3 but they were not a patch on them, F1's are the closest.

jesters3 said:
SO2 were are are the best tyre in the world IMHO. Had them on the Evo and the S3 and they were the best, agressive as hell and grippy as ****. However you can't get them no more on 225/45/17. Tried the SO3 but they were not a patch on them, F1's are the closest.

there are a few (and by that i mean a handful) flotaing around - I managed to get hold of two at the end of last year but it took a hell of a lot of calling around

you want re040 bridgestone this tyre was designed for the s3 with both audi's in put and bridgestone. still make them in 225/45/17

Thanks for all the advice.. I thinks general opinion is that the F1 is a good tyre.

I think i will get some prices in..

Whats the best for 225/18??

Cheers
D

PS2s are good so are S03 bridgestone F1 Pole Positions.
I use GSD3s on my car and use them on the track. The tyres themselves are good under general road condtions but they do have soft tyre walls if pushed hard. However value for money you cant really go wrong with them for everyday spirited driving.

uniroyal rs1's are wicked had these on my cozzie best tyre ever had loads better than f1's

millsyd said:
you want re040 bridgestone this tyre was designed for the s3 with both audi's in put and bridgestone. still make them in 225/45/17

the tyres fitted in production will be, the ones over the counter will just be normal tyres.

I've driven on 225/40/18 Conti-Sport contact's and I thought they were very good, but do wear quickly

Eagle F1's are good in the wet, but i'd go for the Pirelli's as a good all rounder

all this is good info, especially as i've got F1's recently. BUT, does anyone have any experience of tyres in the snow??

is a wet weather tread pattern any good in the snow??
and
How does the S3 perform in the snow with its 'quattro' system?? would really like to know

cheers folks

ChriS3 said:
Someone should make this topic a sticky. Seems like noone can be bothered searching on one of the most common threads.

For what it's worth, Yokohama Parada Spec 2's rock.

I couldnt agree more about both!!!

just bought the Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3s, so far so good, £313 for all four corners from www.etyres.co.uk (mention someone works for BT that you live with gtes you 5% off) and they come and fit then at your house/place of work. One went flat in a week and the happily came back and re sealed it (alloy had bubbled up not giving a good seal).

anyone used or has comments on yokohama advan sports? they are very new and i cant find enough reviews on them.

they come on the new audi S8, bentley continentals, new 911 carrera4 and Brabus Rocket, so cant be bad? i can get them quite a bit cheaper than F1s and a lot cheaper than pilot sport 2s.