A few questions on my new s3....

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hi, im new to these forums I used to own a mk1 Clio Sport 172 and have just bought an Audi s3 y reg 210bhp model in silver. Drives very nice and seems pretty nippy but I have a few questions that I hope you lot can answer.

The car doesn’t come with heated seats was this an extra as I thought all s3's come with heated seats.

Is it worth changing over the headunit, I have a pioneer with an ipod connection sitting at home, but from the looks of it I will need a face plate surround, do Audi sell one as the Halfrauds will look tacky I imagine

The owner doesn’t think it has a 6 cd changer, I’m sure they come standard where abouts are the kept?

How much are the rs4 replica alloys, I would like to upgrade to these but don’t want to pay hundreds for them, also can you get the centre caps from Audi and how much are they.

Last question, can you put dump valves on these models and is it worth putting an after market viper or bmc cda closed induction kit or just using a replacement filter.
Btw im defiantly remapping as soon as I can.

Sorry for all the questions, I am reading the forums as well, but there’s so much to read up on, just want to get some feedback from you guys first.

Once I get the car at the weekend ill get some pics up.

Thanks

Allan

Hi Allan,

Welcome to the site and congratulation on your purchase.

I can help you out with a couple of your questions. Seat heating was an option on all S3s. The 6 CD changer was an option, although I think that the connector cable was fitted as standard. The changer is in the left rear compartment, on top of the Sub woofer. The connector is behind the carpet in the top left hand side of the boot - behind the back of the seat. It is a white multipin plug clipped to the inner wheel arch.

Hope that helps you.

Ive a spare changer Ill sell you mate. my car came with an aftermarket hu so its not much use to me.

I've just fitted a Pioneer head unit with an I-Pod adapter, 4 channel amp and a 12" Sub. The amp and sub are 'bargain bucket' items but still sound a whole lot better than the standard kit and it was well worth the hassle. I used the facia panel from Autoleads for a Seat Leon as it's a 1 piece unit rather than the 2 piece one they specify for A3's.
Note: - I didn't use the Autoleads PC904-1 harness adapter as it introduced interferrence into the rear speakers as the output from the HU is too much.

Obviously thanks go to Andy Mac for answering my previous questions around the intall!!

Awesome thanks guys, I pick the car up Friday morning, ill check then for the cd changer if it doesn’t come with one, I may be interested in yours pablo. The heated seats options doesn’t bother me that much now, but would have been nice to have still.

I may have to leave it pretty standard then apart from the remapping, cant be hassled with exhaust decat business had it all on my Clio and ended up going back to standard as it was too loud especially on motorways.

Ill find out about the facia, may leave the headunit, ill see how it sounds, I’ve got a fusion amp and sub laying around as well plus a couple of amps and infinity comps, but think I may sell it all as I bet fitting is pain.

Thanks dudes, ill keep reading the forums, and ill post back with more questions soon no doubt.

Allan

mate there's so many S3's about i recommend choosing your options before you buy. The options really do make the car & its sale once your done with it.

Try www.pistonheads.co.uk, autotrader & ebay (only if your having 2nd thoughts).

You can get the radio fascia blanking plates from Audi, for the real OEM deal. It was a couple of years ago when I bought em, but seem to recall it costing a reasonable £7 or so.

Mind you, they didnt exactly fit perfectly - they seem to just out slightly at the top end by a couple of mm, but oh well.

ill pop down audi when i have time and ask about the facia, im buying the audi repair and parts dvd from ebay, so will have all part numbers etc to make a little easier to order.

Mattyboy, i spent weeks looking at s3's, the ones on piston heads are quite overpriced, i found mine on autotrader. Im happy with the one i have now, gonna buy a few bits for it and it will be perfect. Number plate, wheels being the main things.