S3 TUNED AT MRC

mad max

sixth gear
Reaction score
took the car to mrc tuning today had the car remapped.custom tuned real time emulator.in brief big improvements bags more torque right throughout the rev range should have done it a long time ago.i now need bigger brakes.cant stop smiling when im driving it .:biggrin:

If you haven't done it already, I'd suggest sorting out the suspension and alignment (rear-tie arms needed). The standard brakes aren't that much worse than a big brake kit, they're just more prone to fade if you're really gunning it.

had new audi discs and pads put on six months ago and they have never felt as tho there up to the job why is this ? ive had lesser audis in the past with better standard braking system.also driven my mates 1.9tdi a4 also seems to have better stopping power than my s3

brembo junior gt kit is £880 mate prob what Im going for.

Hi mate.

Was interested in an MRC remap myself how much did it set you back and where did you go to get it done

doug did the remap for me very easy to talk to and very knowledgable.mrc tuning are in banbury in oxford jcn 11 on the m40 been tuning cars all over the world for years.all the rs246 boys use them.i had a generic remap and it cost me £400 you can find them on the web at www.mrctuning.com

mad max said:
doug did the remap for me very easy to talk to and very knowledgable.mrc tuning are in banbury in oxford jcn 11 on the m40 been tuning cars all over the world for years.all the rs246 boys use them.i had a generic remap and it cost me £400 you can find them on the web at www.mrctuning.com

Just out of curiosity - what was the process for the generic map?

Cheers,

B.

the process involved having the diverter valve checked with a meter checked over all the hoses to make sure they where ok then he plugged in some sort of laptop and checked the car for any fault codes.then with his laptop still plugged into the car we took the car out for a series of runs where he told me to take the car up six thousand revs through the gears all the time he was scanning his laptop when we got back from our first run he took the windscreen wipers off removed the plastic trim and did some work underneath ? then we went back out same as before laptop connected.but this time i could tell he was making changes to the way the car was running.all the while asking me what i thought by the time we got back to the garage the car felt absolutely awesome

sound like a fairly custom generic map to me! :) Some companies generic map involve whacking in a new chip and thats the end of it... no test runs with the laptop plugged in and no tweaks..... Little things like that that make MRC stand out from other companies...... I had the S4 mapped there..... Well chuffed

I had mine done there last year, sounds like he did the same to mine, but mine was a 'custom' remap and cost me £500, still worth every penny, as the car is 10x better to drive now

I still need to do my suspension and brakes

pablo said:
brembo junior gt kit is £880 mate prob what Im going for.

where is this from? sounds like a good price

MRC are in charge of keeping my car in fine tune! they are the best imo:icon_thumright:

:salute:
steve-tt said:
MRC are in charge of keeping my car in fine tune! they are the best imo:icon_thumright:

well if im not mistaken steve cane read all about your car in audi driver sounds awesome must be the quickest tt on the road running an ihi vf34/20 big turbo kit

jojo said:
LOL, do you think they will be answering the phone if you gave them a call now? :keule:

They will if you phone them at the right place ..... still trading :)

AmD Technik will be trading from BBTs' West Thurrock premises as of Monday 12th February 2007 (see address below).

AmD Technik
Unit 6, Cliffside Trade Park
Motherwell Way
West Thurrock
Essex
RM20 3LE

Tel. 01708 861827
Fax. 01708 863031
www.amdtechnik.com

Just Booked my S3 to have a custom remap in with MRC as AMD messed me round, was meant to travel up from Wales and had a letter from them on the day my appointment was saying it was cancelled, lucky i was snowed in and couldnt make it otherwise would have been outside waiting! Tried phoning and everything! No joy! Heard good things about MRC, hopefully i dont have the same problem!

:jump: