Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

door pins!!!!!!!!

just got my new alluminium door pins in post this morning. just an extra little touch for the car, pretty cheap about 12 quid. Two things, firstly does anyone know where i can get any other door pins from(audi alluminium ones, if they do them) as the ones i ordered are ok but nothing brilliant. and secondly does anyone know how to fit the bloody things as the s3 door is not the most basic of doors. thought it would be a good idea, nice little touch on the car, now i wonder? any info would be great, thanks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: door pins!!!!!!!!

Well on the golf mk 4 (which i had before my s3) you unlocked the car so they pointed out the hole they sit in when the car is locked. Use some small pliers with cotton wool on the ends (so you don't damage your old/new pins!) and twist the pins about 180 degrees, they should then pop out. Its the same for putting the new ones in however you may have to fiddle with them to get them to sit right when the car is locked

Status

Darren, they unscrew. Audi glue the old ones on so pliers are required. They have a very fine thread and take ages to unscrew....

Reverse Gear

Status

nice one lads i'll give it a go!! does anyone know any good sites or shop where i can get nice ali door pins?