trying to upgrade the amp in my car

dubhyper

Illegally Street
Reaction score
run power lead, remote and earth , made up rca's to fit to the loom/iso....nothings connected yet, i encounntered this issue..my iso/loom looks different to the diagram detailled above. To start with i have more pin sockets than the one shown on http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=23093&highlight=bose+amp (by andy amc) . I have a standard current tester. I have worked out which is the remote. and my live and ground are sorted...just a little confused as to which im ment to tap in for the lower level input...obviously i need it to have the correct pallarities(spelling bad,sorry). Anyone got any ideas which they are...there is a picture on my profile if you thinks you could help....many thanks in advance...

I thought the BOSE system uses purple and black connectors where as the non BOSE is red, Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong. Easy check would be to see how many speakers are on the sub, 2 small speakes = BOSe, one speaker = non BOSE.

Ok it appears that if i unplug this loom from the amp...i loose all the back speakers also.. that might explain all those pins..there must be a shared negative for the rear speaker set..and maybe the lowlevel input also..anyone know>? . Ive got all the amp in the car..powered ...but no low level input as before. could the loom diagram for this be in a haynes manual...i just bought 1 off ebay(usefull anyway)

ahh so it must be a different loom..my bad...so do you know is this speaker still amplified..or is there a low level feed for the amp ...im hopeing so...or its down to HALFORDS(ERR) i go...:racer:

Well if its now a non BOSE system it changes things a little, the amp powers the sub and the rear speakers as youve found out. I believe there is an adaptor available from autoleads that gives you the 2 pairs of phono outs (sub and rear) and a single remote on from the existing connector, not sure what the part number is sorry.

cheers..thats very helpfull. iv'e sent them an email as i couldnt find it in their catalog. i'm still after this wireling diargram though...cos i would be far to fortunate if this loom allows you to keep the rear speakers running as standard and just take the low levels and remote feeds...
nice 1 for your help andy

The standard amp in the non bose system powers both the sub and the rear speakers, so if you disconnect the sub you will loose the rears.

Again Andy Mac has a wiring diagram for the non BOSE connector, it was included in the instructions for his stealth sub so im sure someone can find out the pinout for you.

j4jon The standard amp in the non bose system powers both the sub and the rear speakers, so if you disconnect the sub you will loose the rears.
so with this in mind, is it 2 channel tri-mode amp or a 3 channel dodgy custom made for audi amp...reason i ask this is , there are 6 pins in that loom that are rear speaker and sub related(i think)..so i wanna try keep the rears and just steal the sub...im hopeing all 3 pairs are low levels and its a dodgy custom made amp for audi.

if this is not the case.
i think its a trimode amp with 2 return feeds in the loom to the rear speakers which share a negative, as may the low level inputs left and right...this is what i need to confirm by the diagram...if i am making any sense at all....so ill have to wait untill someone sees this and posts it..cos i cant find it on the forum..

The rear/sub amp has the following feeds in:
Remote On
12v perm live
Ground
Rear pre-out left
Rear pre-out right
Pre-out Screen
then also 4 connections out:
2 pairs of connections for left & right speakers (these are speaker outputs from the amp, not low level)

i was waiting for you ..lol..thats exactly what i needed to know. cheers..

ITs all in and working. i tapped into the cables rather than the plug/iso..so now i have the standard amp/sub and speakers running as well as my amp and sub...sounds nice...no need for the ground loop yet..fingers crossed i wont need it...cheers.:friends: lol:arco: