S3 prices. Will they go up or down when the new S3 is released?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject do you reckon the prices of the S3 will go up or down when the new S3 is released?

As you've probably seen from my other thread? I'm looking at getting one, but I'm just wondering whether it's worth hanging on for the new S3 to be released before I purchase.

Mark.

I don't think it will make any difference.

The renewed interest in the S3 name might increase demand of the old ones and thus price.

On the other hand, it re-inforces the fact that "old" S3 is the old shape, which might reduce the price.

New S3s are £27,000. Old ones can be picked up for half the price. So not really the same market anyway. So I don't think it will make a jot of difference.

The new one got a pasting in the Sunday Times Motoring Section, they said the old one was much better. Hopefully this will help keep prices up?

have to see what the press have to say about the new S3. A few write ups so far have given it a bit of a hiding.

If it flops, then the original will become a bit of a classic I guess.

Late plate examples in original condition though will still hold values well though. Remember those mythical oak green k plated mk2 golfs?

The 'old' S3 I think is old enough not to be affected much by the release of the new one...

Very good old S3s will always hold a good percentage of their value...

However, now that early S3s are cheap and getting into the hands of the Chavs...the damage done by these fools with their cheap-*** ill fitting wheels, silly exhausts, bodykits and the like, will have more of an affect.

Not to the degree of the Impreza (I hope) but when the goons get their hands on S3s many owners will sell theirs to avoid being tarred with the same brush...then there will be a huge amount available used, driving prices down even more.
Not good...

Ess_Three said:
The 'old' S3 I think is old enough not to be affected much by the release of the new one...

However, now that early S3s are cheap and getting into the hands of the Chavs...the damage done by these fools with their cheap-*** ill fitting wheels, silly exhausts, bodykits and the like, will have more of an affect.

Not to the degree of the Impreza (I hope) but when the goons get their hands on S3s many owners will sell theirs to avoid being tarred with the same brush...then there will be a huge amount available used, driving prices down even more.
Not good...

LOL .. totally agree. Hopefully the sky high insurance will keep the chavs at bay for a little while longer! Oh silly me, they don't bother with insurance. Although judging by the incoherent text message speak some people use on this forum, some might already be in our midst!

I dont think it will make much difference. The old one was discontinued 3 years ago

monkeytrousers said:
Although judging by the incoherent text message speak some people use on this forum, some might already be in our midst!

oops fink dat mite b me didnt no dis was a spellin test

monkeytrousers said:
LOL .. totally agree. Hopefully the sky high insurance will keep the chavs at bay for a little while longer! Oh silly me, they don't bother with insurance.

:biggrin:

Although judging by the incoherent text message speak some people use on this forum, some might already be in our midst!

What was that?

I think it was the tell-tale noise of a nail being hit squarely on the head!

Hopefully the sky high insurance will keep the chavs at bay for a little while longer!

The problem with this is insurance isn't that high for the S3!

Markb said:
Not sure who the chav comments are aimed at, but hopefully not me? As I'm no chav.

Not at all Mark..

You'll know one when you see an S3 with a Wings West bodykit, 6 x 5" exhausts, Lambo doors and cheap-*** crap quality bling wheels...

Yours misses the mark on all counts as far as I can tell...thankfully!

Once people associate 'that' look with S3s, the prices will plummet.

I think it will take another few years before "chavs" start buying S3s.. I think it comes down to age, as cars get older younger and younger people start being able to afford them and they are more likely to be boy racer types. Same goes for the people who post on here they are (I think) going to get younger as the cars get more affordable.. just look at some of the people driving E46 M3s for example. Its inevitable... we drive audis, not ferraris and lambos....

silver75 said:
I think it will take another few years before "chavs" start buying S3s..

They already are...
You see them at the shows...you see them on the High Street...
I've certainly seen a few about...mixed in with the Imprezas and early Evos..

Early, high mileage S3s are already in the hands of the Chavs...so they'll get wan*ered up to the hilt and not maintaned properly...
So sad...

Ess_Three said:

That was my thought too.

John

Yup people are putting lexarse lights on them and other bits of tat, Its whats putting me off keeping mine for a long time. But there again there has to be 1 nice silver std looking S3 out there so it might as well be mine :)

I've seen some with Lexarse lights on which is a shame (Sorry Tanya I know yours has them on), but please don't say that people are fitting Jap crap kits along with Lambo doors etc...?

Markb said:
I've seen some with Lexarse lights on which is a shame (Sorry Tanya I know yours has them on), but please don't say that people are fitting Jap crap kits along with Lambo doors etc...?

You didn't see the lambo laden lexarse monstrosity at E38 then?

ChriS3 said:
Dark blue, only saw it in the campsite - luckily.
hows it going chris, was good to see you

you talking about the A3, the one in front of where i was camping ???

well you were staying there to until you went to the quiet area lol :)

Hey Rick,

Yeah that was the chavmobile. Utterly disgusting from all angles.

The other camping area was just as noisey. Thank goodness for top quality hotels!!!

yup noise was bad, didnt get much sleep at all, your mates were funny, they were completly p!ssed, gave us a good laugh

you being serious, you stayed at a hotel ???

i should of done the same lol

hmm... round here (london) every S3 I see looks well looked after and left completely standard, the only audis you see poorly modded are the older say pre 2000 cars. Even post face-lift cars I very rarely see an A3 with even aftermarket wheels... I dont think they have the same appeal to the 'rudeboys' as the mk4 golf, e46 3 series or at a push the tt

rickparmar said:
, your mates were funny, they were completly p!ssed, gave us a good laugh

That would have probably been the local mob...Martin (silver VR6 with 3.5 Cabby front), Martin (black Mk3 16v with American front end & Mk4 lights), Richie (red Mk3 on BBS RS301s), Gary (dwarf with a big Audi bus)...and I just can't believe they weren't sober!!! :notme:

martin, the one with the mk 4 front on his vr6 made us laugh all nite, kept talking talking and talking oh and spitting while he was talking lol

good lads tho, very friendly

were you there Glen

rickparmar said:
martin, the one with the mk 4 front on his vr6 made us laugh all nite, kept talking talking and talking oh and spitting while he was talking lol

I heard he was blowing bubbles...
As usual!!

good lads tho, very friendly

Yeah, great crowd...the same mob as was at GTI International.

were you there Glen

I had a few other things on...

A lack of cash...
A prior aggreement to take my current g/f to to Inverness to collect her A3 (Friday)...
A night on the lash (Saturday)...
A blast in the 911 against a load of bikes (Sunday)...

Maybe next year...