OK some of you will think I’m mad for contemplating selling my A3 after the time effort and money I’ve spent on it, but I’ve always liked the S3. Before I couldn’t get insured on oen, and the final few mods I was planning to do on mine will cost big money (Engine and interior re-trim). Also at the end of the day it will still be FWD and not 4WD!
So I think it’s time to maybe move onto the S3 Also had a quote for changing insurance on mine and it works out cheaper then my A3, due to how heavily modded it is LOL (A lot of companies won’t touch it)
I know I’ll end up modding it, but not like the A3. I think wheels, suspension, exhaust and chip will do me fine.
So my Q’s
1) Some of you guys have gone from A3 1.8T's to S3's. What the change over like?
2) What is the best 225BHP engine to go for? I’ve heard BAM and AQX mentioned a few times in the past.
3) What other running costs are involved apart from Cambelt and general servicing? (I know there’s the Haldex 4WD, but how many thousand miles for a service? Also cost?)
4) What sort of mileage are these cars good for? Mine’s only done 62K in 8 years, but a lot of newer ones are on 80K+
5) Anything else I need to consider?