Urgent Help Required.

Vikz

Reaction score
Driving along the M3 today at speeds of 100mph plus, luckily this guy in a vectra pulls up next to me while in traffic and tells me none of my brake lights ain't working.

HELP!! checked them out and the bulbs are fine, anyone have any idea why they aren't working? even the 3rd brake light doesn't work. my rear lights come on when i switch the headlights on though.

Audi A3 1.8T

thanks.

Are the brake lights on a separate fuse ? have you check the fuses ?

i have no idea if they are on a seperate fuse and i haven't even checked, wish i had a haynes manual right now damn it!

On the A4 the brake light switch can break (most people find out when the cruise control stops working). Dunno if the same thing happens to a3s

well, if you know where you fuse box is, pop the cover off and on the inside it should list what fuse number does what

just checked the fuse and it was fine. my mechanic said it probably is the brake light switch but it was too late for him to look at it today. any idea of the price of these things?

by the way thanks olly.

Olly you really must fix that bug mate... Whenever people write
Code:
km/h
in stories about doing a ton plus on UK public roads it seems to come out as mph! Very strange! ;)

Regards,

Rob.

LOL Faction ! here's me typing it in going what's he on about !

No worries Vickz, im not really up on A3's, S4's and RS4's are my bag,

Thinking about it though,the bulbs are usually dual fillament, and its the same bulb for the brake lights and the main lights, so unlikely to be the fuse !

I think icenutter and randomjim have it spot on

we'll see what the mechanic says but looks like they are right.

The switch on the pedal went on mine with exactly the same symptoms. If memory serves the part was about £10-£15. It was less than £100 including fitting at a dealer.

mine has gone and i didnt even notice,

first tyre puncture, then little bump today and now brake liights gone,
am going to buy the part tomo

where exactly does it go, ???

got mine sorted, part and fitting for £30 by my mechanic. it goes somewhere near the pedals, but the surrounding has to be taken off to fit it.

30 pound, part is only 7 pound lol

ill have a go to mo, see what happens