electric window problem :(

matt5594

Reaction score
my drivers side electric window is broken, goes down fine but when trying to close the window, it moves like 1cm up then stops and gives up.

asked a mate and he suggested pulling the window up whilst closing the window via the button, which works. obviously cant leave it like this so going to have to call the stealers on monday

but what part number am i looking at to fix this based on the above info?

the entire regulator motor package (i assume it comes with the plastic clips)? or just the plastic clips? (prices would be nice too)

Yeah this happened to me yesterday.

On Golfs they're a known fault, not heard of Audi's breaking though. I can't see any reason why the same clips wouldn't have been used across the whole group. :ermm:

got the clips on order, £1.85+vat, hopefully its just the clip i need replacing and nothing more expensive!

Mods

we seem to be seeing this window problem in a lot of the forums. Mods, is it worth making this subject sticky

ah poo, just had a look at the reciept, i have a order for 1x "4B0 837 463B" which is the clip but anyone know if that literally is a single clip i have on order or a pair of them?

You have 1 clip, but probably only one is broken. Buy two to be sure, as there's a bit of taking apart to get at them.

It's worth noting that about 2 weeks after fixing my driver's window, the passenger one broke, so maybe you should buy 4 clips?

picked up it up today, yep just the one clip.
sounds sensible replacing all 4, i'll have to order some more in, rats!

LaSarthe&Back said:
Yeah this happened to me yesterday.

On Golfs they're a known fault, not heard of Audi's breaking though. I can't see any reason why the same clips wouldn't have been used across the whole group. :ermm:
The Golf ones are different, and look like a pig to change. A6s have these though.

so is it the same procedure to change em? Is it much the same and differ where the body panels differ, or are they different, and the nice MkIV guide I found isn't going to help me???? :sadlike:

They're very different. There's a rigid inner panel on the golf, not on the A3.

Have you seen the guide I wrote?
Clicky.

It's much easier than the Golf looks, if you found the same Golf guide as I did.

Yeah the guide on Vortex, linked from MkIV's.

I had checked out your guide after I posted. Looks sweet, will let you know how I get on! :)

Did you replace the cable too?

apparently you can get some metal clips? one of my mates bought them for his golf.

where did you guys buy you clips from as i need to fix mine this weekend.

got my clip from the stealers (code in one of my previous posts). 2-3 lead time to get the parts in though.

Vikz said:
apparently you can get some metal clips? one of my mates bought them for his golf.
A3 ones are different, but the part number given on here is for a new one- pink with a metal insert. Follow the link to my guide for pics.

LaSarthe&Back said:
Yeah the guide on Vortex, linked from MkIV's.

I had checked out your guide after I posted. Looks sweet, will let you know how I get on! :)

Did you replace the cable too?

On my drivers one, i replaced the whole regulator, as I didn't know the clips were available. It's a bit of a fiddle as it is riveted. Changing the clips is easy once you have the subframe out.

Cheers Guys,
Top marks for detail on the window info!
My a3 and my mums a6 have just started the window games!
I'm ordering clips:arco: today, I should be completing the repairs by eow!
I'm going to need some luck though I'm not really much of a wiz at these things!
I post my progress!

Jan