rs4 bumpers?

...and again
asc0310.jpg

Without wanting to get into mud-slinging matches...

I'm willing to bet a oner that the RS4 bumper in those photos is the same as I've got (and at least two others on the board)... I'd then go so far as to say I'd give a grand to anyone who could get it to fit like that...

Regards,

Rob.

i cant see much difference compared to an original S3 TBH.

Yeah, apart from

1) The lower centre section is bowed-out like on an RS4 / R32
2) The three lower sections are all deeper
3) It sports OEM RS4 hexagon/diamond mesh (if you're prepared to shell out for it)
4) It has side-vents like an RS4
5) It's single-piece

:blackrs4:

...They're practically identical ;)

Oh yeah, and not forgetting number (6) It's pot-luck how it fits (unless you're the chap who makes them and either make ten attempts for your photos or sadistically have one mould for photos and one mould for customers)

Regards,

Rob.

FactionOne said:
Without wanting to get into mud-slinging matches...

I'm willing to bet a oner that the RS4 bumper in those photos is the same as I've got (and at least two others on the board)... I'd then go so far as to say I'd give a grand to anyone who could get it to fit like that...

Regards,

Rob.
i take it that it doesnt fit properly or hard to get a perfect fit then?

I can't really give exact details about the fitment of the other two chaps' bumpers (from this board), but I've heard they had problems of one sort or another too...

Speaking about mine, it's pretty damn poor to be blunt. The opening for the radiator grille is far from perfect, it's currently held in by about a third of its clips, some duck tape and some love/prayers.

It's a similar story in the lower recesses too, with no provision for properly mounting the RS4 mesh pieces. You can bodge them in with sealer and duck tape; the outer two aren't so bad as you can use a couple of screws in them - again it's not perfect though and things aren't in tip-top alignment (but as they say "a blind man on a galloping horse wouldn't spot it")

My biggest problem though is that I have a few gaps here and there. There's a gap under the offside headlight which you can almost get your finger in, the distance between the bonnet and the top edge of the bumper could be a bit smaller, and generally the fitment near the mounting points (ie where it meets the wings) could be tidier too.

Hopefully some (if not all) of it can be put right by building the bumper up a bit to fill the gaps, but obviously that's far from ideal...

I wont even start on delivery time from point of payment or the chaps almost total ignorance of communication - there are 'reasons' (read: excuses) offered for this, but they were quite similar to the ones offered at the time of my first order a couple of years ago (when I bought my skirts and replacement lower valances to the OEM bumpers).

I really don't like to be the angel of death, badmouthing firms, but on the other hand I can't put my hand on heart and recommend the outfit in question as fantastic to deal with or able to supply high-quality, well-fitting product...

Regards,

Rob.

i had no problem having a RS4 style front bumper fitted to my S3, it is only RS4 in style with bigger air ducts and gills,but not an exact match for an RS4,as for fitment all the gaps around the lights,grill and wings were almost perfect,delivery was quicker than to be expected nearly 7 whole days,only down side was the person fitting it said that there was not enough mesh to do it,no prblem a quick call to QST and a visit to the next track day and enough mesh to do 2 bumpers.
you can see this in my pictures in one of my previous threads ie my new nose

You got the Rieger one right?

Looks sweet!

I wish I'd stayed with my original decision to get that one now. Not only is it good looking, it fits well, and is ABS too (correct?) so a damn sight better made and doesn't take months to be delivered!

Oh well, you live and learn!

Regards,

Rob.