Front bumper mod...

leecs3

thinking about stuff
Reaction score
Now that i've lowered my S3 i thought i needed to add a splitter or something to hit the ground before my painted bumpers. Here my first effort, it certainly looks more aggressive at the front. Haven't made up my mind if i like it yet..thoughts. Pretty certain it will look right with BBS LM's.
DSC02052.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

looks good IMO - quite discreet as well

nice, subtle, the way it should be.....makes it look a bit meaner too !

Leon Cupra R Splitter per chance?

If so i'm slightly annoyed as i ordered mine earlier!

Tallpaul said:
Leon Cupra R Splitter per chance?

Yeah.

I think you'll find a few other guys on here, have already carried out this mod.

Out of interest how have you attached it to the bumper?

pleased it going down well. Wasn't sure but definately happy with it now. Pic from another angle.

fronts.jpg

Dude just seen some pics of your car on E38. Didn't realise it was lee with the stunning 'Rado. Nice work.

Markb said:
Dude just seen some pics of your car on E38. Didn't realise it was lee with the stunning 'Rado. Nice work.

yep, tis me. This project is alot more reserved and aim is to make it look different for next to no money. Please with the way the front looks now for £23!

looks excellent imo, so is it just a leon cupra r splitter? was it easy to fit?

where do you get them from (apart from the dealer)? I was thinking of an RS4 style bumper but this is much more subtle yet de-bubbles the front nicely :)

Thats makes such a big difference to the look of it, but without making a big difference.....if that makes any sense whatsoever! lol. Looks really good!

Rich

Did that mod on my RS bumper some time ago. It looks really OE.
love it on the S3 too,
but i only paid 19.99 for the LCR splitter from Parkway VW in Derby,
seat quoted me 35 quid?

tempted to get the splitter now, will it fit alright on an a3 t sport? any guides/instructions on how to fit etc?

is this the correct part # 1ML 805 903, been quoted less than 20quid for it, if its the right part..

leecs3 said:
Now that i've lowered my S3 i thought i needed to add a splitter or something to hit the ground before my painted bumpers. Here my first effort, it certainly looks more aggressive at the front. Haven't made up my mind if i like it yet..thoughts. Pretty certain it will look right with BBS LM's.
DSC02052.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

Nice....................looks loads better than standard doesnt it!......well cool!

Nick

Now I'm tempted for the small sum, just to update the front end of my ageing S3, I also fancy going back to black wing mirrors and ditching the chrome items I have!

been doing a bit of googling around and the R32 boys seem to have problems getting it to naturally match the shape of the R32 bumper, a heat gun is needed to get the desired shape.

any such problem on a A3/S3, shapewise?

WOOHOO what a great mod :)

Needed a little cutting but worked out better than Id hoped and cheap as chips too.

08-09-06_1956.jpg

08-09-06_1957.jpg

08-09-06_1958.jpg

and here of some photos of the Leon Cupra R Splitter on my A3 1.8T:

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106-1.jpg

Not sure if it suits the shape of the bumper or not, what do you guys think?

I think it looks best on the Black S3, not too sure on the red example and seems the wrong colour on the A3, just my opinion chaps.

On the silver one it's the way it's catching the light in first photo.

If you look at the second picture the black does quite closely match that of the lower section of the bumper :)

Tallpaul said:
On the silver one it's the way it's catching the light in first photo.

If you look at the second picture the black does quite closely match that of the lower section of the bumper :)

I think I persinally need to see the whole car with it on mate, close ups doesn't do the Cupra spoiler favours, I fancy fitting one myself as I have a black car, but I'm quiet happy with the looks of my S3 as it is atm.

jojo said:
I think I persinally need to see the whole car with it on mate, close ups doesn't do the Cupra spoiler favours, I fancy fitting one myself as I have a black car, but I'm quiet happy with the looks of my S3 as it is atm.

Fair enough, i needed to take a shot with it catching the light or it wouldn't show up in the pictures at all. I'll take a shot on a gloomier day when there should be less contrast :)

cheers mate :) still need to align it a little better in the middle for it to sit nice and flush.

silver75 said:
Has anyone tried colour-coding the splitter?

Wouldn't bother mate as it will either crack the paint or look a mess with scuffs when you hit a curb or simlar.

Mark.