slight accident yesterday morning....

rockstar

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
.....drivin into work early sunday morning,took the usual route...came round a reasonably sharp bend,,,,totally lost control of the car!! car spun 360 degrees round,steering went tits up!light as a feather,luckly as it was early i was the only car on the road so spun round hit the kerb..mounted the pavement and flying into some work cones...before stopping! phew! cones happened to be around a lamp post! which i stopped by within inches of.

sh*t my kecks to be honest!just after i stopped a car came round the bend,but i must have just looked like some parked neatly on the pavement (all be it in a rather odd place!)
then had to get the car back on the road from a blind corner with possible on coming traffic!nice!

moved of and summit wasnt quite right..back tyre flat!manged to move and pull up safley in a side street,only damage to the car was rear alloy rim scraped big time and with a slight dent...

been a garage today and had the tyre pumped back up,ok just the alloy a bit messed up,told me though of a place that repairs them..

eventfull morning..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Yup get it checked out

I smacked a kerb a few years ago after a big fishtail moment in a BMW. When I got out and looked at first I thought I had just bent the alloy, but the car didn't feel right when I got back in.
Turned out I had buckled something on the suspension assembly, when you looked at the wheel from the back of the car you could clearly see the camber was way off.
Was told if I had not noticed this, it could have been lethal at high speed in the wet.

Better safe than sorry.

Bad luck!

Get it checked - I hit a raised manhole cover at 40, and bent the wheel and part of the front suspension ! (Roadworks hadn't levelled the manhole cover out, and it was on a blind left hander before anyone comments!)

cheers for the comments and help...clean pair of kecks on now..feel much better!
crazy thing is i was only going between 30/40 mph !! honest!,its a really nastly bend when it wet,a few weeks earlier had nearly the same thing happen (wet again) but managed to control the car ok! alot more traffic that morning though.only dodgy when the road is wet ....?
ive been pretty carefull since which only makes the accident all the more amazing! have now started going round it this week at 20 mph !

will get the car checked out to see if there anything amiss,but its driving ok as much as i can tell....

bit ironic but this morning as i came of juction 2 of m53 there was a nasty crash...kinda brought home what happened to me and how lucky i was.....

phew..

And from now on you'll have a spare pair of undercrackers in the glovebox....;)

you do know that post is 10 years old ?

Reactions: s3dave