Help removing wiper arms

darko

Reaction score
as title says, I need some advise on how to remove the wiper arms - they are very much stuck on ! Have removed the 2 nuts and used plenty of WD40 but still no joy - anyone have any tips ?

they can be a pain, 1 of mine flew off the other was a sod then just fell off. Try wiggleing the arm side to side with the main arm off the screen.

2 options if there stuck:

1. prise them up whilst driving the motor bolt down with a swift hit with a soft head hammer / or use a puller (like a G clamp with a V at one end that goes on the bolt under the wiper arm)
2. (as I had to do after trying option 1) get a dremel and cut them off.

Good luck

I gave up trying to get mine off - but you can get one of those puller things from Hellfrauds for about £15.

or put the nut back on a few threads, and use a pair of pump pliars, one side on top of nut, other under wiper and gently squeeze.

this will pull them off the spline. the nut will save the threads being damaged, and also stop the wipers flying off.

pullers are a pain on the front wipers, you really only need two legged ones, and even then its awquard.

more info and pics here.

http://www.wak-tt.com/mods/aerotwin/aerotwin.htm

thanks guys ! in the end yes, a puller would not work and the arms were really stuck on - the method with the pliers worked perfectly, again this forum saves the day :)