Loose hose Question?

AndyS3

Reaction score
Anyone know the effect on the car if the hose that goes from your Boost control Vv (n75) to the brass unit on top of the turbo would be if it was loose at the brass unit end?
Its the hose that is threaded through the small holes on the air intake hose.

I've just found this hose loose after having my car into Lomond audi about 5 times and Star performance for a intermittent loss of power and a funny raspy sound. I'm not going to be happy if this is the cause of my problems.

Andy, thats interesting. Not sure what the effect would be though.

Thinking out loud: the brass-looking thing is the wastegate actuator. Its possible that the hose going from the N75 valve is another vacuum hose? (can someone look on the ETKA CD?) If it is a vacuum hose, and the actuator is controlled by the vacuum, if the hose is loose then there would be no vacuum, so the actuator would not function properly.

As I say, I'm no expert, so the above could be total b#llocks. Perhaps John could ask Scott at AmD.

AL

cheers Al just found that the other end of the hose (other side of n75 Vv) isn't clamped either, going to be intresting to see how Lomond are going to explain this when i have had my car in and out of there garage and it has taken me 2 minutes to find these loose hoses. I assumed that they would have checked every nut and bolt seeing the probs im having.