How much is a std S3 turbo worth?

pablo

Reaction score
87k on the clock running 100% Turbo only no manifold etc.

cheers :)

pablo said:
87k on the clock running 100% Turbo only no manifold etc.

cheers :)

I doubt anyone wanting to replace a blown turbo would opt for a high milear like this.

If you were looking to upgrade your turbo ie from K03s or similar then you'd need the manifold too (not to mention TIP, oil hoses etc), but again i doubt many would want a high mileage blower.

If someone really wanted it then i guess perhaps £100? Could be as little as £50 though.

Low mileage K03s turbo's with a bit of warranty go for about £250, but they are sold as 'bolt on' upgrades for people with K03, so don't have the problem of the mani.

If you're gonna whip it off anyway, get the impellars and shaft inspected for wear and play (just cos it doesn't smoke or rattle on the car doesn't mean it'll stand close inspection in the flesh). If all is good, stick it on eBay.

jojo said:
I think it's a K04 on the S3?

Yes it is.

I was quoting K03s prices as i'd recently been investigating these for myself and thought they might be a usefull comparison for the price of a newer blower.

As stated, people buying K03s are usually 'bolting on'. If you were buying a K04 as an upgrade then you'll need the mani and a few other bits.

The point i was making was the K03 to K03s uprade is cheap and simple (relatively). The upgrade from K03/K03s to K04 is more involved and expensive, can't decide whether this would make a higher mileage used turbo more or less desirable - depending on whether you were trying to cut costs in the upgrade. Ultimatley i doubt that many would want to 'upgrade' or replace with a turbo of such mileage, so it's value will be low. IMO about £50 - 100, but who knows? eBay is a funny place and you could end up getting £300 for it!