JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question Ghost Brake Lights.

Hello,

I have a bizzare problem with my 2002 S3, i had a search and couldn't find a similar problem.

After leaving my car parked on the drive for a prolonged period of time (driveway slight incline), prolonged being 12 or so hours, the brake lights come on. This has hapenned twice now. puting the key in the ignition and pumping the pedal resets the lights however the brake lights then blink when the car is locked using the key fob.

I have recently had the drivers door latch replaced as the DIS was indicating the door was open. its going into Audi (Aberdeen) on Wednesday to get sorted. i had this done after returning from Holiday and finding the battery completely dead - AA guy reckoned this was the problem as none of the ilights had been left on. although im now thinking that possible the problem may be this brake light thing. the car was parked in a different place when the battery ran down though.

Anybody had a similar problem or got any ideas what the problem is??

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I've not had it happen to me, but give Aberdeen audi all this info of what and when it happened and it should help them locate the problem quicker. I have used them in the past and they are pretty good.

If it was just a faulty brake switch I would have thought it wouldn't be a problem with the ignition off, shouldn't be powered with the keys out.

Good luck!
    Drive it like u stole it. A3 3.2 DSG S-line.

3rd Gear

Status
    dont brake lights work with key in or out?

1st Gear

Status
    Brake lights can stay on after the car is locked up. This happened to me - the brake light switch activated by the brake pedal was set too sensitive on mine and sometimes the brake lights would be on when I returned to the car. You just need to adjust the switch - unless the switch is faulty.
    Black S3 | MY09 | APR 3.4 Stage 2+ | RNS-E LED | Tints | 19" OEM RS3 Rotors | APR DP | APR HPFP | WALK | Bilstein B14 Coilovers | Lamin-X | Ashtray delete | P3 Gauges integrated boost gauge | BlueVAG VAG-Check |

1st Gear

Status

Question Brake Lights fail to ON. 2nd Time in 3 weeks

Hiya, I think similar fault to this one. Had a good read, but can't see any instructions.....

Failed to on 1st time - drained battery - realised what had happened - got car booked in - got pulled (*******s) -very nice police man (just producer once sorted) - 7 switches later!!! and 4 days later switch fixed - 2 weeks later failed again.

Booked in for thursday to replace again, but can't afford to be without car for 4 days again. If this is easy I'll do it myself tommorow though. That said I am fcuking useless without clear instructions so....

1. Any detailed instruction on how to channge switch would be appreciated
    2. any ideas on other possible reasons for repeated failure to get rid of my "oh fcuk this little problem is gonna cost me a fortune". feeling.

Thanks guys.

Kev.
    Audi S3 - The Dogs
    Peugeot 205 GTi - Fantastic, but an hour later to 100.
    Mini Cooper (New) - Ali's

Earn Extra Cash. Call 0800 083 3473 or Click www.4yourfreepack.com

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by treblesykes
    dont brake lights work with key in or out?
    They do on my '03 A4 (and on all Jags, I used to work for them)

1st Gear

Status
    My brake light switch works with the ignition on and off..
    Was A3 1.8Ts
    Now S3