AH FabricationsVolks Autos

Thread: New S3 Owner

Reverse Gear

Status

New S3 Owner

Hi

I purchased a 2000 plate S3 last weekend. I'm really impressed by the quality of the car and the performance (Its currently unmodified), though the car had a couple of little 'problems' that i hope someone could help me with :

The drivers side mirror glass is broken. The guy i bought it from suggested sticking another glass over it but I'd rather do it properly. Is a dealer my best bet for this part - I couldnt find any on ebay. Also would this be easy to change?

The front fog lamp lens glass is broken - Its hardly noticable though I'm keen to fix it up unless its extremly expensive (as these parts always seem to be). Would I have to go to a dealer for this?

Also the CD player doesn't seem to work. Its got an upgraded BOSE system with multi-changer though it doesn't seem to be even recognising it has a cd player attached (no error message on pressing the mode button). Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to start investigating this problem?

Also how do I test the alarm system - I never tried it at the time and can't get it to go off?

Sorry to ask so many questions but want to get the car 'up to speed' ASAP....

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Welcome to S3 ownership, replace the wing mirror glass with a genuine VAG item, and you will have the proper blue tint it should have, or go after market, and it will just be clear, it's heated also, so remember to specify that.
    Try www.vagparts.co.uk for both the mirror and foglight lenses, they seem to offer a great price posted to your doorstep, cheaper than your local stealers anyways?!
    Not 100% sure about the CD changer, think it's something to do with the CD catridge?
    To test the alram, sit in the car and arm/lock the car, now wait 30 secs for it to setup itself, and start waving your hands or rocking about to set it off!... once set off, you will now hear a feeble chirp front your car which is your alarm siren!! If it doesn't make a sound, then it's broke.

HTH

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the response.

I tried VAGparts though couldn't find what i was after. I'll contact them to see if they can get an hold of the parts. I assume for the likes of the fog light lenses these are parts are the same accross the range? Maybe I could get one for a TT or A2 or something?

As for the CD player I'm getting nothing - I don't know if someone has messed around with it to try and get it working? I've got 2 cd cartridges so i'll try the other one.

Administrator

Status
    hello and welcome to the site !