BAILEY DV26 dumpvalve

dubhyper

Illegally Street
Reaction score
Hi there Audi Heads,
wonder if you guys can help me. Im a recent audi convert from VW all my driving life. And i still have my MK3 VR6 golf.(sorry useless information)

Ive got a Baileys DV26 dump valve sitting here which i want to fit to my 1998 A3 1.8t.
Now i havent an AUDI A3 fitting kit for it yet. but i do have a fiiting kit from a Nissan 200sx. I was wondering if anyone know if i can just replace the standard R/C D/V that comes on the A3 and fit this one in the same place i take the old one from. Or use this Fitting kit from the 200sx.

Now I know there is a problem with airflow meters / ECU etc when fitting atomspheric dump valves, but i understand that there is another place to fit these.
I have a look in the engne bay and i tell its got to be possable. So b4 i start cutting pipes and removing bits i thought it best to ask some pro's.

So, has anyone fitted one of these yet?
What i am really looking for is the plans/instructions to fit one (the baileys instructions and fitting kit would be GREAT). And some pictures of one fitted. So i can make up my own bits up to fit it from bits i have laying around from other motors...
alot to ask i know....im cheeky light that though....
cheers for any help in advance.
:scared2:

Most people use a dv30's as it's a direct replacement for bosch dv's.
You can relocate it too the ic pipe but most people retain the feed to the air intake pipe.
Obviously you know the risk of unaccounted air loss.

ive seen a DV30 but its a recirculating valve. I gotta have an atmospheric one. There must be people that have done it...Has anyone got any pictures.

If you want an atmospheric DV then go for something like an IHI turbo setup. Most tuners strongly advise against fitting an atmospheric DV to a standard 1.8t and many will actually refuse to do it! You will end up loosing power and could damage your turbo in the long run.

The DV26 is just a universal DV that can be made to fit any car with an appropriate fitting kit. The DV30 re-circulating valve is specifically designed as a direct upgraded replacement for the factory Bosch item and Baileys actually recommend this valve for the VAG 1.8t engine.
Anyway it's your decision and just go for whatever makes you happy. Just be aware of the potential running/future problems with an atmospheric DV on a standard setup.

whats the loudest recirc valve then? Last thing you want is to lose performance for a litte sound!

you talk alot of sense...i know that what would make me most happy is a car that runs...im gonna wait..till ive done a few other bit first..cheers dude

I have a ihi setup and a non-recirc is the last thing i'd want.

i have a dv30 on my s3 it's fairly loud but i didnt want it to sound like a renault 5, my mate has a standard bosch on his tt and a dv26 his engine keeps cutting out and going into limp mode, he wishes they guy in the shop who sold him it knew what he was doing.
my advice is go for a baileys dv30 or forge motorsport dump valve.

I've got the Amd Dv valve on mine and that makes a reasonable noise which does sound exactly like its atmospheric.... only cost £80 and is a direct replacement!

hello, DV30 valve can be used by direct replacement for serial valve? or I will need some fitting kit? Thank you

i bought my s3 about two weeks ago, it was fitted with a dv26, car was running fine, the pipe that goes back into the engine for recirlating was blanked off with a baileys cap thing! put the forge 007p on tonight tho, much better!:happy: