AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

NEW MEMBER - CAR PICS!

Hi
    Heres my 2000 Audi S3, had it a week now and i am very impressed with the performance! fixed a few of the little things that were wrong with the car too, had oil and filter change, took steering wheel off and put it back on straight!, replaced coolant temp sensor, boot wouldnt open before but just greased it an tweeked it a bit and seems fine now, passenger door handle didnt work (interior) the wire had just come undone on the back!

gave it a decent clean and took some pics today, thinking of changing the whees as they are all kerbed (the one pictured has been refurbed but all the others are kerbed) and could do with being 18", can anyone reccomend any wheels preferable genuine audi or in-keeping with the oem theme!
    thanks, hope you like!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    welcome dude, nice motor. What brembo's are they? LCR's?

as for straightening your steering wheel, you have to be careful with the steering angle sensor. Does your car have ESP? If not it's important.

va va voom

Status
    lol that car was the one in autotrader, was very close to buying it, he lives out skirts of derby if am right,

well done mate nice car
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

5th Gear

Status
    yep thats the one mate!

no mine doesnt have esp, the previous owner fitted a new genuine steering wheel because when he bought the car it was fitted with an aftermarket wheel. when he fitted the wheel it just wasnt put on straight, seems to drive fine
    thanks

Status
    nice ride

Pete69zx
    Nice motor that is, i would be happy to own it :-)

Big Ron

Status
    Looks good, S4 or b5 RS4 wheels would look good.

2nd Gear

Status
    Lovely car! Is that its original colour?
    2000 Audi S3

6th Gear

Status
    Your intercooler hose on the left hand side of the pic looks loose (nearly off) as the jubilee clip is not fastened to it!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    Looks like the steel Charge pipe, on the LH side of the engine, is missing its clamp (near the intercool hose JamS3 mentions)

The trim around the dip stick area is also missing.
    Audi S3 Quattro Black Edition.

5th Gear

Status
    Welcome, Very nice looking motor :D

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice motor. Check your hoses though, as mentioned looks like it could be loose!!

1999 AUDI S3 | AMD STAGE 2 REMAP | MILTEK CAT BACK EXHAUST | VIPER DIVERTER VALVE | EBC TURBO GROOVE DISCS | RED STUFF CERAMIC PADS | 18" RS6 REPLICA ALLOYS | ANDYMAC 'BOSE' UPGRADE.

5th Gear

Status
    thanks for that guys! took it to my mate who is a vw technician and he gave it a good look over, the intercooler hose did come off but its all back together now with new clips as the previous owner ust have removed them at some point.
    realy like the RS4 wheels but they seem a bit 'common' on S3's also like the RS6 (i think) the chunky 5-spokers!

been offered a set of RS4s for 300 without tyres, theyre genuine audi wheels not copies and are brand new never been fitted

can someone reccomend me some tyres that will offer good preformance without paying silly money!

thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    If money wasnt an issue then yoko parada spec 2's but on a cheaper tyre toyo proxes or good year eagle f1's. Still pretty pricey though!!

1999 AUDI S3 | AMD STAGE 2 REMAP | MILTEK CAT BACK EXHAUST | VIPER DIVERTER VALVE | EBC TURBO GROOVE DISCS | RED STUFF CERAMIC PADS | 18" RS6 REPLICA ALLOYS | ANDYMAC 'BOSE' UPGRADE.

Neutral

Status
    Toyo prox's are pretty good, i'd recommend 'em too.
    Drive it like u stole it. A3 3.2 DSG S-line.