NEW MEMBER - CAR PICS!

ash_s3

Reaction score
Hi
Heres my 2000 Audi S3, had it a week now and i am very impressed with the performance! fixed a few of the little things that were wrong with the car too, had oil and filter change, took steering wheel off and put it back on straight!, replaced coolant temp sensor, boot wouldnt open before but just greased it an tweeked it a bit and seems fine now, passenger door handle didnt work (interior) the wire had just come undone on the back!

gave it a decent clean and took some pics today, thinking of changing the whees as they are all kerbed (the one pictured has been refurbed but all the others are kerbed) and could do with being 18", can anyone reccomend any wheels preferable genuine audi or in-keeping with the oem theme!
thanks, hope you like!

DSC00025_Small.JPG

DSC00026_Small.JPG

DSC00027_Small.JPG

DSC00034_Small.JPG

DSC00032_Small.JPG

DSC00028_Small.JPG

DSC00035_Small.JPG

welcome dude, nice motor. What brembo's are they? LCR's?

as for straightening your steering wheel, you have to be careful with the steering angle sensor. Does your car have ESP? If not it's important.

lol that car was the one in autotrader, was very close to buying it, he lives out skirts of derby if am right,

well done mate nice car

yep thats the one mate!

no mine doesnt have esp, the previous owner fitted a new genuine steering wheel because when he bought the car it was fitted with an aftermarket wheel. when he fitted the wheel it just wasnt put on straight, seems to drive fine
thanks

Lovely car! Is that its original colour?

Your intercooler hose on the left hand side of the pic looks loose (nearly off) as the jubilee clip is not fastened to it!

Looks like the steel Charge pipe, on the LH side of the engine, is missing its clamp (near the intercool hose JamS3 mentions)

The trim around the dip stick area is also missing.

Nice motor. Check your hoses though, as mentioned looks like it could be loose!!

thanks for that guys! took it to my mate who is a vw technician and he gave it a good look over, the intercooler hose did come off but its all back together now with new clips as the previous owner ust have removed them at some point.
realy like the RS4 wheels but they seem a bit 'common' on S3's also like the RS6 (i think) the chunky 5-spokers!

been offered a set of RS4s for £300 without tyres, theyre genuine audi wheels not copies and are brand new never been fitted

can someone reccomend me some tyres that will offer good preformance without paying silly money!

thanks

If money wasnt an issue then yoko parada spec 2's but on a cheaper tyre toyo proxes or good year eagle f1's. Still pretty pricey though!!