Badger5Volks Autos
    EoD
    Reverse Gear

Status

Engine Management Light, and turning the bugger off....

Hi all

Well....So far my A3 has been a shambles and I have had a lot of work done on it in the 2 years ive owned it. Now there is a new problem in which the engine management light has come on and stays on. Now..... the garage inform me it is because my temp guage is faulty (and the new set costs 300 or so to replace) but as im short on the cash im not about to do that, since Ive just had the whole cooling system checked, and a couple of parts replaced to make sure the thing doesnt overheat.

Here is the question: There is nothing wrong with the car in that its fit to drive and the only problem is a faulty guage. IS there a way to turn off the EML? Pedantic i know, but i really wish to know as its driving me up the wall...

Cheers chaps (or chapettes...)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lord of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by EoD
    Hi all

Now..... the garage inform me it is because my temp guage is faulty (and the new set costs 300 or so to replace) but as im short on the cash im not about to do that,
    Is it not under warranty still?

EoD
    Reverse Gear

Status
    nah mate, sorry i posted this under the wrong forum originally (needed to update my favourites).

Nah the car isnt under warranty anymore. Anyone know anything about this sort of thing?