What colour is your centre console?

Tallpaul

Reaction score
Audi UK are dumb...

I have a 1998 Audi A3 1.8T Sport. My centre console/fascia trim (the one that sorrounds the stereo and climate control) is metallic blue. My ashtray and the trim/tray around the gearstick (where is chuck my wallet and phone) are also blue.

I've looked on the gallery on here and other similar age A3's also have this colour trim.

According to Audi UK, they never sold the A3 with these parts in this colour!!!

Can anyone else confirm i'm not going mad and this is a real Audi part. Better yet tell me it's 'official' colour?

It's called maritime blue and you're not going mad. I've got the same in my 99 a3 1.6 - i can even take some pics if you need proof! :)

60 notes for a replacement. :(

jbw said:
It's called maritime blue and you're not going mad. I've got the same in my 99 a3 1.6 - i can even take some pics if you need proof! :)

60 notes for a replacement. :(
£60?!? Jeez. I've got some mad 'speckled' trim on the centre console around mine and it was a bit scuffed by the previous owner. I got a nice flat black one for about £20 from Audi :biggrin:

Regards,

Rob.

FactionOne said:
£60?!? Jeez. I've got some mad 'speckled' trim on the centre console around mine and it was a bit scuffed by the previous owner. I got a nice flat black one for about £20 from Audi :biggrin:

Regards,

Rob.

What did you do about the ashtray being blue?

Tallpaul said:

Yep, I think so but yours looks a tad lighter than mine in that pic. It's a speckled blue & my car is also Kingfisher blue so I imagine it's the same.
The previous owner of my car drilled 4 holes in the dash to fit a phone holder... hence why I need a new one before I sell the car.

FactionOne - which Audi garage quoted you £20?

jbw said:
Yep, I think so but yours looks a tad lighter than mine in that pic. It's a speckled blue & my car is also Kingfisher blue so I imagine it's the same.
The previous owner of my car drilled 4 holes in the dash to fit a phone holder... hence why I need a new one before I sell the car.

FactionOne - which Audi garage quoted you £20?

Cheers fella,

Audi still can't source me the part even though i've told them the colour!

I've decided to change to the Kajal Black trim and bought a new ashtray to match it.

jbw said:
No worries,
How much did that set you back?
I phoned my local stealer rather than Audi UK.

The trim was £21 and the ashtray was £41.

I didn't phone Audi UK, my stealer contacted them because they couldn't find the colour on their parts system.

First Audi UK claimed my car had a 'Quattro Styling Pack' and so they got in touch with Quattro GMBH; they said they'd never been anywhere near the car so Audi UK said i must have sprayed the part myself!

When i found out that it was Maritime Blue the stealer just got more confused and apologised. In the end i ordered the black cos i was fighting a losing battle!

Tallpaul said:
The trim was £21 and the ashtray was £41.

I didn't phone Audi UK, my stealer contacted them because they couldn't find the colour on their parts system.

First Audi UK claimed my car had a 'Quattro Styling Pack' and so they got in touch with Quattro GMBH; they said they'd never been anywhere near the car so Audi UK said i must have sprayed the part myself!

When i found out that it was Maritime Blue the stealer just got more confused and apologised. In the end i ordered the black cos i was fighting a losing battle!

Hold on a minute... the trim (I presume that is the center console) is £21 and the ashtray is £41! Is that direct from Audi UK?

Also do you know how to replace the center console?

ta,
jbw

jbw said:
Hold on a minute... the trim (I presume that is the center console) is £21 and the ashtray is £41! Is that direct from Audi UK?

Also do you know how to replace the center console?

ta,
jbw

yup, those are the prices! That's through my stealer.

Centre console is fairly easy. Two torx screws behind the headunit (obviously HU has to come out first!), one screw to remove the ashtray (you'll need to disconnect the wires too) then two more torx screws behind the ashtray; then the trim carefully can be pulled off.

I had the headunit out 6 months ago but can't remember seeing a pair of torx screws. I'll give my stealer another call and check prices. Need to get this done before autumn sets in fully.

Cheers mate,
jbw

I actually got my black trim from Blackburn Audi; would've been Preston but as I wanted three pieces of mesh for my front bumper along with all the rest of the stuff I had to get it from Blackburn - basically because Preston are pants and wont sell body parts (no matter how small and trivial / how valuable the rest of your order (I nearly bought an A3 in kit form)).

I'd got the prices from ETOS before I ordered though; and I seem to remember I was charged the same prices - about £20 for the trim.

I totally forgot about the ashtray, but I checked phoned the stealer to find out how much for a new one to match and I decided I'd see how the existing one fit with the new black trim (I wouldn't say my old trim is blue, it's more a speckled grey) as I'm sure I was told something ridiculous for the ashtray (about £80 plus a vodka and tonic for Gordon (or even more for an S3 item)).

If they're **only** £40 I might change that at some stage too.

Regards,

Rob.

Yup that photo is of my A3 and its definately blue- think it matches the car well but then my car is also blue lol Good luck getting it sorted dude

My A4 Quattro had a Maritme Blue interior, and when I bought it, the centre console was broken where a mobile phone holder had been ripped out. I insisted the dealer replace it, and it took 5 weeks to order from Germany, because of the colour.

well, i went to the stealers to pick up my new 'black' centre console trim and ashtray...

Guess what, the colour they call Kajal Black is actually the blue i've been after and that is shown in the picture in post#1!!!

Sorry guys, no idea where you got Maritime Blue from?

Anyhoo, no real harm done. The mechanism on my original ashtray was ******, but as i don't smoke it didn't bother me; but as i've bought a replacement it's one less fault with the car!