Now have Revo stage 1 for 1.8T !

JB_A3_Turbo

Reaction score
Finally got it done, my old 150BHP now up to 195BHP ish. Definitely tell the difference now. Accelaration in all gears is more aggressive. Also had the eliminator DV put on to replace the OEM DV.

I timed my car before and after the mod (just out of interest to make sure I wasn't trying to think it was faster).

e.g

4th Gear 50-80 took avg of 10.1 secs is now avg of 7.2 Secs with REVO
5th Gear 60- 80 took avg of 8.5 now avg of 6.3secs with REVO
4th Gear 60-80 took avg of 6.9 now avg of 5.2 secs with REVO
3rd gear 40-60 took avg of 5.1 secs now avg of 3.9 secs with REVO

0-60 is under 7 secs (bit difficult to time)

Do these times look about right?

My MPG also isn't suffering. Long motorway driving it can sit at avg of 40MPG. Work and back + town driving sitting at 36-37MPG. If anything it seems better than it was before even when opening her up!:biggrin:

Can anyone else suggest similar times with the same map to see if my car is running about right?

Thanks.

You're seeing around a 25% increase in in-gear acceleration so all things being equal you must be putting out around 25% more power. Looks fine to me.

How much did that set you back mate incl fitting etc, when i get backfrom holiday thats exactly what i want doing Revo stage 1 change the DV and get my last section of my Exhaust done.

Who did the work for you and what did it cost?

Jason

oh right kool MIJ quoted me around the 400 mark i think. I didnt realise the revo stage 1 map put itup to 195 bhp is that true?

Performance wise i only wanted my 1.8t up to 200 bhp then id be happy, So im thinking with the exhaust possibly a filter and the map 200bhp is there?

Jason

Jason_letts said:
oh right kool MIJ quoted me around the 400 mark i think. I didnt realise the revo stage 1 map put itup to 195 bhp is that true?

Performance wise i only wanted my 1.8t up to 200 bhp then id be happy, So im thinking with the exhaust possibly a filter and the map 200bhp is there?

Jason

It's down to the individual car really.

What engine code have you got?

Revo alone i'd say will really give you 185bhp, especially from a non-dbw engine.

The airfilter will add 0bhp maybe a little torque but nothing you could measure.

I've read people claiming as much as 15bhp from a milltek downpipe/cat/exhaust; but people talk a lot of b*llocks on VAG forums.

Hell, people claimed that the forge/samco turbo intake pipe gives 10bhp on the AGU/K03, it gave me 0bhp but again torque was up slightly.

I think 200bhp from Remap, Exhaust and Air filter is very optimistic.

Fair enough thats what i thought when he said he was up to 195 bhp.

I have the non quattro 1.8t So its 150 bhp standard ive been to MIJ and had a backbox and decat thats it so far, hoping to get my middle section done next.

Jason

Jason_letts said:
Fair enough thats what i thought when he said he was up to 195 bhp.

I have the non quattro 1.8t So its 150 bhp standard ive been to MIJ and had a backbox and decat thats it so far, hoping to get my middle section done next.

Jason

Did you drive all the way from Surrey to Birmingham for your Exhaust?

F*ck that! :)

They gave me a good quote on a full system but i'm not fussed on an 8 hour day to get it!

yup, then they quote 3-4 hours for the job, then i'd have to drive home :(

Total for remap and including DV Fitted was £500.

It really has turned it into a different car- Fantastic.

Hi all sorry to spark up a old thread

but would it be wourth me upgrading the ecu to revo with a3 turbo thats done 120k

cheer's bollo

sorry a A3 1.8T with 120k on the clock

i would love to get more bhp from the car

by chipping the ecu do you sacrifice reliability!!!!!

Bollo said:
sorry a A3 1.8T with 120k on the clock

i would love to get more bhp from the car

by chipping the ecu do you sacrifice reliability!!!!!

In general, no. A remap will not significantly affect the reliability of a 1.8T.

BUT, having said that a car on 120k is a slightly differant proposition. First thing to consider is the age and nature of the mileage, and the service history of the car. My A3 1.8T is 8 years old and has done 95k, and is (thus far, touch wood) showing no ill effects of having REVO for the last 6 months.
But, it has led a failry easy life and has been serviced very well it's whole life.

I'd say if your car has been well serviced, doesn't use excessive oil, shows no smoke or engine rattles and the clutch feels strong then REVO will be fine.

The 2 biggest issues i'd imagine will be the increase in boost pressure and the increase in torque, although both will still be within the limits of all your engine components, if they are working ok and in good condition.

The worst case scenario is that the remap will 'find' weak parts that were on their way out anyway... eg, diverter valve diaphram, cracked/split boost hoses, tired clutch.

The beauty with REVO of course, is that you can switch it off again. Personally i'd go for (assuming the condition of the car)! Enjoy :)