AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: BBK's

Big Ron

Status

BBK's

I see quite a few peeps with BBKs driving around London... while they look good behind the alloys is it worth getting a big brake kit if you never track your car?

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

2. # ADS
    ADS

Administrator

Status
    My theory is this:
    Big brakes should be high up the list of peoples mods. I'm currently getting porsche cayanne calipers and B7 discs/pads for my rs4.

The reasoning is this:
    Although you dont gain any speed by getting bigger brakes, you can use more of your cars power/speed, knowing you can brake later for a corner, stopping distances halved, etc

6th Gear

Status
    I was with my mate who works at Audi just checking out the cars there, looked at a new RS4 Avant with ceramic disks looked lush also had the black optic pack (they remove most of the external chrome & replace with black inserts instead).
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Big Ron

Status
    See what your saying, and I can see the point in these if you live or drive in rural areas or track your car regularly, but I'm wondering if there is any point in doing this mod if you live/drive mostly in the city

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

1st Gear

Status
    its all a style thing, some people like putting BBK,s on there car just because it looks good, but there is some like minded people out there who know the benifits of having BBK,s. Myself i would like to do this but cannot afford it

hud at ye bam

Status
    I wasn't sure quite what to expect when I put the Porsche ECS kit on my car, but it's one of those things that just makes me smile every time I brake hard.

I've always modded cars in the same way - make it go round corners, make it stop, then make it go faster.

Scruffing speed when you're going way too fast is much easier. I find the kit gives you more confidence in the car. They're lighter than the standard brakes, so there's a handling avantage too.

Around town there's very very little difference to the standard set-up.
    Last edited by ChriS3; 21st August 2006 at 22:12.
    [/sarcasm]

sixth gear

Status
    this is my next mod had four audis now 2.7tq sport a6,225 tt,1.8tqsport a4 and currently s3 which is going for a remap in two weeks at mrc tuning.all good drivers cars but with woefully inadequate brakes in some cases and would definately agree good brakes makes for more confident driving
    S3 TUNED AT MRC