Do all S3's have ESP?

alecblack

Reaction score
Guys,

Can someone answer my question? I am looking at buying a V plate S3 but wasnt sure if it had ESP, not sure if that would stop me anyway.

cheers

alecblack said:
Guys,

Can someone answer my question? I am looking at buying a V plate S3 but wasnt sure if it had ESP, not sure if that would stop me anyway.

cheers

No, some early models didn't have it. I'm not sure if it was available as an option on the first S3s. It is standard on later S3s but not sure when this came in. Mine is an X and has ESP. It will have a button on the dash marked, unsurprisingly, 'ESP' if it has it.

Not very definite info but at least I answered your Q?

Now someone can correct me and / or fill in the missing detail!

Our V plate S3 does not have ESP and it was not available as an option in the sales literature I received, but there is information about it in the owners manual so if the question was asked it may have been availiable

My car is a June 2000 S3 and has ESP as standard.

They included it as a standard fit on the S3 at the same time they recognised the stability problems on the TT and included it on that car.

It wasn't at the sametime as the facelift, it wasn't standard on the early cars (think it was an option from day one though)... you DO NOT need ESP in any of the quattro cars in my opinion, it just gets in the way! I've done 60,000+ miles in mine in some pretty shocking conditions and I've not wished it had ESP once if that helps make your mind up.

GTQ - if you've never been thankful about ESP being there, you're not trying hard enough! :D

I think ESP wasn't available on the very first S3s. Then it became an option on the later pre-facelift cars. By 2001 it was standard on all S3s.

Mine is an early 2000 model & definetly DOESN'T have ESP! As some may have seen the thread, I was arguing with the Audi people that it had been taken out my car when in reality, I had mistakenly remembered the button in the Seat Leon Cupra R :tocktock:
Moral : Don't test drive too many cars in one day!

ChriS3 said:
GTQ - if you've never been thankful about ESP being there, you're not trying hard enough! :D

I think ESP wasn't available on the very first S3s. Then it became an option on the later pre-facelift cars. By 2001 it was standard on all S3s.

I've been trying plenty hard thanks:racer:... especially when it's wet on large roundabouts! I've been thankful of quattro on too many occasions to count. I've also been happy about the brakes but ESP, no thanks keep it for the girlies... :jester: