another alluminium wing mirror ??

darrenrally

Reaction score
Can someone help me please? I have a silver (02)s3, and just love it...but I want some
ali.. wing mirrors. I've been looking on the web all night and found nothing. Checked ebay, vagparts e.t.c but came to a dead end. If anyone knows of a supplier then please tell me..........I spoke to my local audi dealer and they quoted me over 800 quid!!! i just walked out laughing, well what do you expect from a main dealer. many thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Unfortunatley the Aluminium mirrors are 'one piece' therefore the price you were quoted from Audi is actually correct. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

They are not covers and not available seperatly, you have to buy the whole units.

How do i know.... Well one of my freinds runs VAG Parts.com. Give Paul a call, im sure he will be able to sort something out for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

nice one everyone... i will try ebay again also try giving vag parts a call. When i was out looking to buy an s3 ali wing mirrors was one of my must haves......but a good deal came up, import, 6 months old, low mileage, fully loaded, sun roof etc, but no mirrors. could not let that stop me a good deal......well pinkys crossed you never know

hi all!
im in the process of buyin a set of ali mirrors and just wanted to find out if they came with the black casing that fits onto the car. the guy who im thinkin of buyin it from says they only come with the actual chrome shell and the mirror??? plz helppppppppppppppppp

[ QUOTE ]
AMO! said:
hi all!
im in the process of buyin a set of ali mirrors and just wanted to find out if they came with the black casing that fits onto the car. the guy who im thinkin of buyin it from says they only come with the actual chrome shell and the mirror??? plz helppppppppppppppppp

[/ QUOTE ]

I would drop Rockstar a PM on this one, as he's twice bought Ali mirrors from ebay and knows what you need for the job......why did he buy two pairs?? Well the first one's got stolen!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

A couple of weeks ago there were about 5 pairs of ali mirrors (caps) for sale on EBAY.

They sold for between £150-£250. I think all of them were being sold from Germany.

The problem is understanding the german language in order to find out if they are pre or post facelift.

AL

have found that if you email alot of the sellers they speal fluent english...unlike my german which is sod all!

have used a few translation sites aswell,not the best i admit but you usually get the general idea!

for the money you save it worth the trouble!