cup holder

rickparmar

Reaction score
Was looking through old posts about the cup holder, threads from 2004

few us wanted to put one in, pre facelift a3/s3,

how many of you did it, or have done that

Hey all. A quick question on the subject of cup holders. The one in my recently acquired 2000 S3 is stuck. Well stuck. the previous owner tried to prise it out and left a little chip in the surround for his troubles. if i remove the stereo is it possible to get to the cupholder mechanism or is it a dash off job. cheers for any thoughts and for a great forum.

S314 said:
Hey all. A quick question on the subject of cup holders. The one in my recently acquired 2000 S3 is stuck. Well stuck. the previous owner tried to prise it out and left a little chip in the surround for his troubles. if i remove the stereo is it possible to get to the cupholder mechanism or is it a dash off job. cheers for any thoughts and for a great forum.

I know this will sound silly but they will come loose if you tap it repeatedly for a few minutes, the mechanism has probaly got some sticky drink in it which has caused it to jam.

worth a try before you start removing the dash

Mike

rickparmar said:
Was looking through old posts about the cup holder, threads from 2004

few us wanted to put one in, pre facelift a3/s3,

how many of you did it, or have done that

Is this a possible retrofit for pre-facelift S3s? That would gain me brownie points with the other half as she is constantly complaining that our previous car had cup holders and now she has to hold the can herself, so that my driving doesn't soak her!

Can you post a link to pertinent threads please Rick?

Cheers,

B.

i no naresh did, and that thread did have alot of pictures on, but when the site got re done most of them pics went missing,

if you that will you have room in there to put other things in ?

god_thats_quick said:
Won't look right if you do it IMO, just buy the insert for the armrest then you'll have two cupholders?

But that would require an armrest!!

rickparmar said:
if you that will you have room in there to put other things in ?

Haven't got one but from the pics I've seen I think it takes up about half the depth of the armrest so without cups in there I guess so and as it appears to just slot in I guess you could take it out too? others on here have got them so I guess it'd be handy if one of them would comment!

MikeA3 said:
I know this will sound silly but they will come loose if you tap it repeatedly for a few minutes, the mechanism has probaly got some sticky drink in it which has caused it to jam.

worth a try before you start removing the dash

Mike

cheers mike,
so crazy it might just work.